Ways to Protect Yourself
Although not all infections can be cured, there are ways you can protect yourself from them. Below are ways to prevent infections.
Ways to Prevent Infections
- Abstinence: not engaging in sex is the most effective way to prevent an infection
- Vaccination: protect yourself from Hepatitis B and the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) by receiving a series of shots.
- Lower Sex Partners: those with lower number of sex partners are at lower risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Practice Monogamy: you can avoid STIs by having sex with only one person who is also uninfected.
- Condoms: the proper use of condoms can effectively prevent STIs by up to 98%