LGBTQ Safe Spaces
The CAMHD Safe Spaces Committee (SSC) is a council of CAMHD staff and community members whose mission is to create and maintain an LGBTQ+ affirming system of mental health care for youth, that advances inclusive practice, urges accepting attitudes, operationalizes diversity, and provides education to the larger community. The SSC is dedicated to examining and improving policies and practices of the CAMHD, its contracted providers, and the broader system of care to promote best and promising practices related to mental health treatment of LGBTQ+ youth and their families.
RAINBOW TOWN HALL STARTING OCTOBER 14, 2020
A LGBTQ+ Panel Series
Hawaii LGBT Legacy Foundation presents Rainbow Town Hall– a five part community discussion on key topics affecting the LGBTQIA+ community. A list of panelist will be released every week. RSVP today, or for more information or questions, please contact Randy Soriano at [email protected].
FREE COMMUNITY SUPPORT GROUPS STARTING OCTOBER 6, 2020
Are you a part of the LGBTQIA+ rainbow? Not sure? Are you a teenager? (13-18)
Do you just want to relax and be you? Do you want to socialize with other teens that “get you”? Have you been through something tough and want to help others? TLCC’s LGBTQIA+ Teen Group is a peer support group for teens identifying within this community to meet new friends, connect, share, learn from, and help one another in a safe online format.
Group meetings will be on Zoom. The group will be facilitated by an adult (licensed mental health professional) but really will be led by you and your peers for maximum support benefits! Talk to any staff member on how to get the Zoom meeting link and password.
1st Tuesday of the month 4 PM starting October 6, 2020! Don’t miss it!
Hawaii Department of Health Resources
Legislation & Policy
- §431:10A-118.3: Nondiscrimination on the basis of actual gender identity or perceived gender identity; coverage for services
National Resources List for LGBTQIA+ Children, Adolescents, and Young Adults Living in Non-Affirming Environments
- College Students in Non-supportive Home Environments
- 9 Strategies for Quarantining in Non-LGBTQ+ Affirming Environment
- Health Clinics Serving LGBTQ+ community by State and City
- Family Acceptance Project: Resources for encouraging acceptance of LGBTQ+ children
- Point Source Youth: A toolkit for LGBTQ+ youth during COVID
Transgender & Gender Diverse Specific Resources
- HHHRC Kua’ana Project
- Trans Youth Handbook
- Transgender and Gender Diverse Resource List (updated monthly)
- Transforming Families: LA-based family support group creating a positive environment for children, adolescents and their families to explore issues of gender identity. Offer phone support nationwide.
- TransLifeline: Peer-to-Peer Support for Trangender Community
- Gender Spectrum: Site with many helpful resources for gender exploration and support
- Transequality: An action plan for trans youth to promote healthy coping during COVID
Phone Support & Crisis Resources
Other Print Collateral
Last reviewed on October 9, 2020