The Adult Mental Health Division (AMHD) was awarded funding through the following grants. Please click on the grant link to view the funding details.
Special Populations Transformation Transfer Initiative for Native Hawaiians and LGBTQ
Funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services (SAMHSA) and the Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS) Transformation Transfer Initiative (TTI) through the National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD) to implement a crisis response worker training program, inrease digital media capacity, establish a statewide case management training, establish weekly Native Hawaiian SMI support groups, and to develop Hawaii CARES 988 crisis services response outcomes to improve post-crisis stabilization.
Mental Health Services in Jails
Funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services (SAMHSA) and the Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS) Transformation Transfer Initiative (TTI) through the National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD) to improve mental health services within jails by expanding and enhancing treatment and rehabilitation options to increase success reintegration into the community upon release.
- Hawaii TTI State Jail Diversion Profile (pages 18-19)
- April 4, 2023 Implementing Forensic Peer Services in Reentry Webinar
Overdose Data to Action (OD2A) Care Coordination and Capacity Building (C3) Project
Funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to provide activities and resources for social workers and other health and human services providers to address opioid misuse, abuse and overdose.
- The OD2A C3 Project FINAL REPORT (coming soon!)
- Hawaii Kupuna Drug Overdose Prevention Handout
- April 23, 2023 Hawaii Journal on Health and Social Welfare, Vol 82,No. 4 Overdose Data to Action – Care Coordination and Capacity Building Project
- November/December 2022 Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, 28(Supplement 6) Linking Public Health and Public Safety Data on Co-Occurring Disorders Among Adults in Hawaii’s Criminal Justice System
Where to Find Grants
There are a variety of sources of money for research and treatment programs. There are a number of government funding agencies and private funding organizations. Although this is not a comprehensive list, the links will help you to get started.
If you have a lead, please contact us, so that we can include the information in this website.
Government Grant Websites
SAMHSA Grants Home Page