The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- David McEwan, M.D. to receive 2020 Suzanne Richmond-Crum Award on World AIDS Day Nov 23, 2020 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i State Department of Health (DOH) is pleased to announce that Dr. David McEwan has been named the recipient of the 2020 Suzanne Richmond-Crum Award. McEwan is being honored for his outstanding contributions to HIV/AIDS services in Hawai‘i. The award will be presented during the annual World AIDS Day ceremony in Honolulu,… Continue Reading
- Department of Health Sexual and Gender Minority (SGM) Workgroup seeking contributions to provider service directory Nov 20, 2020 - HONOLULU – As part of ongoing efforts to enhance the network of care, the Hawai‘i Department of Health’s (DOH) Sexual and Gender Minority (SGM) Workgroup is seeking local SGM medical providers and businesses to include in a new Hawai’i SGM Services Directory, scheduled for release in early 2021. Providers and businesses may add their information… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health offers nursing homes grants to buy visitation equipment for in-person visits Nov 18, 2020 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health is making Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act funds available to Medicare-certified skilled nursing facilities to acquire visitation equipment for in-person visits from relatives and friends. A total of $135,000 is available. Skilled nursing facilities may apply for grants up to $3,000 for equipment that includes… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health a founding member of the Cannabis Regulators Association Nov 13, 2020 - HONOLULU – As a way for Hawai‘i to remain at the forefront in developing policies and regulations that ensure ongoing safe, legal access to medical cannabis for registered patients, the Hawai‘i Department of Health recently joined the newly formed Cannabis Regulators Association (CANNRA) as a founding member. CANNRA is a national organization whose membership is… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health shares new weekly data on COVID-19 clusters under investigation Nov 12, 2020 - Data window shift on Sunday will adjust daily reporting schedule HONOLULU - The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) is releasing weekly COVID-19 cluster reports to illustrate COVID-19 trends across the state. The DOH will also adjust its practices for collecting and reporting daily COVID-19 data. The Weekly COVID-19 Cluster Report highlights recent incidents in which… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: