The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- DOH supports new CDC guidelines on COVID-19 Mar 1, 2024 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) is in general agreement with today’s updated COVID-19 guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. DOH continuously reviews data on respiratory pathogens, including the virus that causes COVID-19. The new guidelines reflect the current level of risk, while still protecting the most vulnerable. The advisement… Continue Reading
- DOH issues red placard to Dick’s Lechon in Waikele Mar 1, 2024 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) issued a red placard and immediately shut down Dick’s Lechon at 94-235 Hanawai Circle in Waipahu, (vending at Waikele Shopping Center), due to the mobile unit receiving food from an unapproved source. The food establishment, operated by Dick’s Lechon Corp, received the red placard on Feb. 29… Continue Reading
- Department of Health announces plans to improve safety and care at Hawai‘i State Hospital facilities Feb 29, 2024 - HONOLULU – Following the tragic death of a staff member on Nov. 13, 2023, the Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) conducted a full safety and security review of the State Operated Specialized Residential Program (SOSRP) and Hawai‘i State Hospital (HSH) facilities. With input from SOSRP and HSH staff, DOH took immediate action to tighten security… Continue Reading
- DOH issues red placard to Café Alani in Waikīkī Feb 29, 2024 - Honolulu – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) issued a red placard on Feb. 27, 2024, and immediately shut down Café Alani, located at 208 Kapuni Street in Waikīkī when a DOH Food Safety Specialist was denied entry to conduct a routine inspection. A follow-up inspection was completed on Feb. 28, 2024, in which a green placard… Continue Reading
- Lahaina Air Monitoring and Sampling Report Shows Good Air Quality Feb 20, 2024 - HONOLULU – The first Ambient Community Air Sampling Reports for Lahaina, issued by the Hawaiʻi Department of Health (DOH), confirm good ambient air quality for the period of January 13 to 24, 2024. “The results provide the community with reassurance that debris removal activities have not significantly impacted ambient air quality,” said Deputy Director for… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: