The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- Water remains safe to drink after trace levels of contaminants detected in one Maui and one Hawai‘i Island water well Dec 10, 2019 - Honolulu – During routine sampling of drinking water systems across the state, trace levels of organic chemicals were detected in water samples collected at the Haiku Town Water Association, Inc. water system on Maui and the Hawai‘i Department of Water Supply Kukuihaele water system on Hawai‘i Island. 1,2-Dibromochloropropane (DBCP) and 1,2,3-Trichloropropane (TCP) were detected in… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health advises travelers to be on alert for measles Dec 3, 2019 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) is advising travelers to be on alert for measles as international outbreaks around the Pacific and elsewhere continue to increase. This year, there were four reported cases of travel-related measles in Hawai‘i including three visitors and one resident. In 2018, there were no reported cases of measles… Continue Reading
- Raymond Alejo to Receive 2019 Suzanne Richmond-Crum Award on World Aids Day Nov 25, 2019 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i State Department of Health is pleased to announce Raymond Alejo as the recipient of the 2019 Suzanne Richmond-Crum Award, for his outstanding contributions in providing HIV/AIDS services in Hawai‘i. The award will be presented during the annual World AIDS Day ceremony at the Cathedral of St. Andrew in Honolulu on Sunday,… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health confirms additional cases of lung injury associated with the use of vaping products Nov 15, 2019 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) recently confirmed two additional cases of lung injury related to the use of e-cigarette or vaping products and has received other reports for investigation. This brings the current number of confirmed cases in the state to four, with one individual confirmed in each county. Two of the… Continue Reading
- Recalled vegetable products sold in Hawai‘i associated with potential contamination of Listeria Nov 13, 2019 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i State Department of Health (DOH) Food and Drug Branch is alerting residents of a voluntary recall of a series of vegetable products distributed in Hawai‘i. Mann Packing Company, Inc. is issuing this voluntary recall out of an abundance of caution. The recalled products have “Best If Enjoyed By” date of Oct.… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: