The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- Kaua‘i District Health Office to conduct CASPER survey to assess emergency preparedness and ongoing pandemic impacts May 26, 2023 - LĪHUʻE, HI – The Department of Health (DOH) Kaua‘i District Health Office will conduct a Community Assessment for Public Health Emergency Response (CASPER) survey to assess the emergency preparedness level and current wellbeing of Kauaʻi households. “The responses will build upon prior CASPER surveys to assess household emergency preparedness and evacuation plans, as well as… Continue Reading
- Department of Health Recognizes Emergency Medical Service Providers During EMS Week May 18, 2023 - HONOLULU, HI – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) joins Governor Josh Green, M.D. in proclaiming May 21-27, 2023, as Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Week. Through their dedication and service, Hawai‘i’s EMS practitioners and professionals play a vital role in our communities. The theme for this year’s National EMS Week is, “Where Emergency Care Begins.”… Continue Reading
- DOH to Review Updated Red Hill Defueling Plan May 16, 2023 - HONOLULU – The Hawaiʻi State Department of Health (DOH) today received an updated defueling plan for the Red Hill Bulk Fuel Storage Facility (Supplement 2). The plan, submitted by Joint Task Force-Red Hill (JTF-RH), moves up defueling to begin in October 2023. “We are encouraged by the updated Red Hill defueling timeline,” said Deputy Director… Continue Reading
- Federal Public Health Emergency (PHE) for COVID-19 ends on May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023 - HONOLULU, HI –The federal Public Health Emergency (PHE) for COVID-19, declared under Section 319 of the Public Health Service Act, will expire at the end of the day on May 11, 2023. As the PHE ends, high levels of vaccination, widespread population immunity, and available treatments have significantly reduced the risk of severe COVID-19 disease,… Continue Reading
- PFAS Detected in Kaʻamilo Wells Pumping Station May 11, 2023 - HONOLULU – Chemicals known as PFAS (perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances) have been detected for the first time in water samples collected at Ka‘amilo Wells Pumping Station, which is part of the Honolulu Board of Water Supply’s (BWS) Honolulu-Windward-Pearl Harbor water system (Public Water System HI0000331) and serves the central area of the island of O‘ahu.… Continue Reading
More news releases
Read more news releases online in the Newsroom.
Archived news releases
For archived news releases click here.
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: