The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- DOH Non-Discrimination Policy & Procedures Sep 29, 2023 - The Hawai‘i Department of Health (HDOH) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, or disability, or any other class as protected under applicable federal or state law, in administration of its programs, or activities, and, the HDOH does not intimidate or retaliate against any individual or group because they… Continue Reading
- DOH Non-Discrimination Notice Sep 29, 2023 - DOH-Non-discrimation-NoticeDownload Continue Reading
- DOH reports additional mpox case Sep 28, 2023 - Mpox vaccination encouraged for anyone at risk HONOLULU – The Hawaiʻi Department of Health (DOH) is reporting one additional case of mpox in an O‘ahu resident. This is the first case of mpox diagnosed in Hawaiʻi since November 2022. Additionally, the National Wastewater Surveillance System reported intermittent detection of mpox virus in wastewater on Oʻahu, although… Continue Reading
- DOH Provides Guidance on Re-Entry to Impacted Areas of Maui Wildfires Sep 21, 2023 - HONOLULU – As residents and owners are allowed re-entry to their properties in the impacted areas of the Maui wildfires, it is important to understand the health risks and potential emotional impacts. The Hawai’i Department of Health (DOH) offers evidence-based guidance which included input from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Centers for Disease Control… Continue Reading
- Department of Health issues yellow placard to Papa Kurt’s in Ala Moana district Sep 21, 2023 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) issued a yellow placard to Papa Kurt’s located at 808 Sheridan St. on Sept. 21, 2023. The food establishment, operated by SaiminSays LLC, initially received a red placard on Sept. 20, 2023 during an attempted routine inspection when a DOH inspector was denied entry into the food… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: