The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- State Health Insurance Assistance Program provides free help with Medicare enrollment decisions Jun 16, 2021 - Virtual Welcome to Medicare Fair to provide local trusted assistance HONOLULU – Are you turning age 65 soon? Learn about signing up for Medicare from the comfort of your home or office. The Hawaii State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) is here to help you navigate the complexities of Medicare and avoid late enrollment penalties.… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health laboratory detects Delta variant in Hawai‘i Jun 14, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health’s State Laboratories Division (SLD) confirms the SARS-CoV-2 variant B.1.617.2, also known as the Delta variant, has been detected in the islands. This strain of COVID-19 was first detected in India, where the virus sparked a public health crisis in April and May. The Delta variant now makes up… Continue Reading
- Department of Health launches new Healthy Hawai‘i Strategic Plan and Unveils Vision for 2030 Jun 14, 2021 - HONOLULU – Over 200 stakeholders, advocates, and visionaries across the state gathered virtually today to launch the Healthy Hawai‘i Strategic Plan 2030 (HHSP), a roadmap for improving the health of Hawai‘i residents by preventing and reducing chronic disease. The HHSP and six (6) coordinating Program Area Plans—Asthma, Cancer, Diabetes, Heart Disease & Stroke, Physical Activity… Continue Reading
- Department of Health issues red placard to Manoa Bar B Que restaurant for repeat food safety violations Jun 10, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) Food Safety Branch has issued a red “CLOSED” placard to Manoa Bar B Que Restaurant, located at 2752 Woodlawn Drive, Honolulu for food safety violations cited during a health inspection on June 9, 2021. The violations involved repeated unsafe temperature control of cooked foods. The issuance of… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health issues Notice of Violation and Order and an $828,000 penalty to unlicensed Waipahu care home operator Jun 10, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health’s Office of Health Care Assurance (OHCA) issued a Notice of Violation and Order today to Anita Felipe, owner of Island Promise Homes, LLC, for operating an unlicensed care home at 94-947 Lumihoahu Street in Waipahu. As a result of a complaint alleging the operation of an unlicensed adult… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: