The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- Hawai‘i Department of Health issues maximum $120,000 penalty to Honolulu Tattoo Expo for violating public health laws by using 12 unlicensed tattoo artists at public event Feb 18, 2020 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) Food Safety Branch has issued a $120,000 administrative penalty to Erin N. Carillo and Thomas H. Hernandez, the promoters of the Honolulu Tattoo Expo for aiding and abetting 12 unlicensed tattoo artists to practice the occupation of tattooing at a public event at the Hawaii Convention Center… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health notified of confirmed COVID-19 case who traveled to Maui and Oahu Feb 14, 2020 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) was notified today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that an adult male who traveled to Maui from Jan. 28 to Feb. 3 and to Oahu from Feb. 3-7 has been confirmed for COVID-19. The individual is a Japanese national who developed severe symptoms,… Continue Reading
- Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month kicks off with Day at the Capitol March 5 Feb 13, 2020 - HONOLULU – Nearly 500 individuals with developmental disabilities, their family members, service providers and advocates from all islands will convene at the Hawai‘i State Capitol to celebrate their abilities during the 20th annual Day at the Capitol on Thursday, March 5, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event will highlight national Developmental Disabilities… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health approves fifth dispensary on Hawai‘i Island to begin retail sales of medical cannabis Feb 5, 2020 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i State Department of Health (DOH) has approved Hawai‘i Island licensee Hawaiian Ethos LLC for its second licensed medical cannabis dispensary retail center located at 64-1035 Mamalahoa Hwy., Unit J, Waimea, HI 96743. There are now 13 licensed retail dispensary locations operating on O‘ahu, Kaua‘i, Maui and Hawai‘i Island. Hawaiian Ethos opened… Continue Reading
- Ninth case of rat lungworm disease in 2019 confirmed on Kaua‘i Jan 30, 2020 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) has confirmed a case of angiostrongyliasis, or rat lungworm disease, in an adult on the island of Kaua‘i. With the additional case, this brings the statewide total to nine cases of individuals confirmed with angiostrongyliasis in 2019. This includes eight individuals who likely contracted the disease on… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: