The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- State on target to beat 2020 greenhouse gas emissions goal Jan 17, 2020 - New report projects continued decline in emissions below 1990 levels for 2020 and 2025 HONOLULU — Rising sea levels and other effects of climate change are threats to the health and environment of the Hawaiian islands, but Hawai‘i is making progress to mitigate the effects of these threats, based on findings in the Hawai‘i Greenhouse… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health’s Office of Health Care Assurance cites Pacific Quest Corp. for illegally operating unlicensed special treatment facilities or therapeutic living programs Jan 13, 2020 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health’s Office of Health Care Assurance (OHCA) is committed to protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of adolescents and young adults by conducting ongoing investigations and taking appropriate action toward unlicensed Special Treatment Facilities (STF) or Therapeutic Living Programs (TLP). OHCA has issued a Notice of Violation and Order… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health ends enforcement against Big Island Dairy in ‘Ō‘ōkala Jan 13, 2020 - HONOLULU – Big Island Dairy, LLC, a 2,500-acre dairy operation in ‘Ō‘ōkala on the Hamakua Coast on northeast side of Hawai‘i Island, has met all of the Hawai‘i Department of Health’s (DOH) enforcement actions to address the dairy’s water pollution act violations that began two years ago, according to Keith Kawaoka, the health department’s deputy director… Continue Reading
- Department of Health issues a Notice of Violation and Order to homeowner and contractors for unauthorized construction activities in Manoa Stream Jan 3, 2020 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) has issued a Notice of Violation and Order (NOVO) against the Hayama Trust, HH Constructions Inc., and Structural Hawaii, Inc. for discharging dirt, gravel and construction materials into Manoa Stream without State permits and DOH authorization. Officials from DOH’s Clean Water Branch responded to complaints of unpermitted… Continue Reading
- Department of Health issues a Notice of Violation and Order to Board of Water Supply and its contractors for polluting Nuuanu Stream Jan 3, 2020 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) has issued a Notice of Violation and Order (NOVO) against the Honolulu Board of Water Supply (BWS), R.M. Towill Corporation, SSFM International, Inc., and Drayko Construction, Inc. for discharging sediment from the Nuuanu Reservoir No. 4 to upper Nuuanu Stream over a period of 18 days and… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: