The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- State revokes medical cannabis dispensary license for Pono Life Sciences on Maui May 11, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) has issued a Notice of Violation and Order (NOVO) to Pono Life Sciences Maui, LLC, and its individual licensee, Dr. William Mitchell, Jr. The order revokes the company’s and individual’s medical cannabis dispensary license, requiring the immediate closure of Pono Life Sciences’ medical cannabis production and retail… Continue Reading
- Leeward and Windward vaccination PODs wind down as state enters next stage of vaccination rollout May 10, 2021 - HONOLULU – The vaccination clinics or Points of Dispensing (PODs) in Leeward and Windward Oahu that have been in operation for the past five months have been critical to the state’s rapid rollout of COVID-19 vaccinations. With the vaccine now available at more sites, however, these PODs will be winding down this week. This Thursday,… Continue Reading
- Department of Health and University of Hawai‘i launch ‘one-stop shop’ behavioral health dashboard May 10, 2021 - HONOLULU – Just in time for Mental Health Awareness Month, a new data dashboard tracking behavioral health provides key information and statistics on substance use, homelessness and mental health in Hawai‘i. The Hawaiʻi State Department of Health (DOH), in partnership with the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa Center on Aging, Pacific Health Analytics Collaborative (PHAC),… Continue Reading
- Recalled 15 oz. cans of S&W Organic Black Beans, O Organic Brand Black Beans, and O Organic Brand Chili Beans associated with potential contamination May 5, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health is advising consumers to dispose of or returnselected 15 ounce cans of S&W Organic Black Beans, 15 ounce cans of O Organic Brand BlackBeans and 15 ounce cans of O Organic Brand Chili Beans voluntarily recalled by FaribaultFoods, Inc. and shipped and sold in Hawai‘i at various stores.… Continue Reading
- Department of Health encourages parents of incoming 7th graders to schedule back-to-school vaccinations and physical examinations now May 5, 2021 - HONOLULU – Hawai‘i state law requires all students receive a physical exam and age appropriate immunizations before starting seventh grade. Parents of children who have not received a well-child visit and vaccinations within the past year are encouraged to contact their healthcare provider as soon as possible to schedule an appointment. Before the first day… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: