The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- Surging COVID-19 case counts & test volume force changes to data reporting and case investigation Jan 15, 2022 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) will temporarily stop reporting specific data sets on Sunday, January 16 so its data collection and reporting system can continue to accurately process the thousands of positive tests recorded at laboratories daily. DOH systems have not been able to process the large volume of positive and negative… Continue Reading
- DOH releases validated result of December Aliamanu Military Reservation system flush Jan 14, 2022 - HONOLULU – The Hawaiʻi Department of Health (DOH) has released results from a U.S. Navy test in December that indicated a failure to meet DOH incident-specific criteria. Consequently, a second round of system flushing was conducted at Drinking Water Distribution System Recovery Plan Zone H2, which is part of Aliamanu Military Reservation. The data was… Continue Reading
- DOH/CDC health survey expanded to include all Navy water system users Jan 11, 2022 - HONOLULU – All individuals affiliated with the U.S. Department of Defense are invited to participate in a survey to learn more about the experience of people who have been affected by the petroleum contamination in the U.S. Navy’s Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam drinking water system. The Hawaii Department of Health (DOH) and Centers for Disease… Continue Reading
- DOH issues interim K-12 school guidance Jan 11, 2022 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) has updated interim COVID-19 isolation and quarantine guidance for K-12 schools. The updated guidance is closely aligned with new CDC guidance for schools. Isolation and quarantine times for students and staff who meet certain conditions have been reduced to 5 days. ISOLATION Students and staff who test… Continue Reading
- Booster shot eligibility expands Jan 6, 2022 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) is adopting the most recent COVID-19 booster shot recommendations issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Effective immediately: DOH recommends a single Pfizer-BioNTech (Pfizer) vaccine booster shot for everyone ages 12 - 17 who completed their primary vaccine series at least five months ago.… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: