The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Schools Recommends Layered Approach to Return to In-Person Learning Jul 27, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawai'i Department of Health (DOH) released updated COVID-19 Guidance for Schools that includes four core essential strategies and additional mitigation practices to facilitate the return to in-person learning in the 2021-2022 school year. “This update comes at a time when we are emphasizing the return to in-person learning for K-12 schools,” said… Continue Reading
- Department of Health highlights youth-focused empowerment resources with public awareness campaign Jul 26, 2021 - Local comedian, influencer Tumua Tuinei lends his brand of comedy HONOLULU – The adolescent years are an important time as youth transition to adulthood, making it critical to promote life-long physical, mental, social, and emotional health. The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) recently launched a public awareness campaign to highlight TeenLink Hawaii, a youth empowerment,… Continue Reading
- Department of Health to bring health/digital navigators and telehealth support services to underserved communities Jul 26, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawaiʻi State Department of Health (DOH) has partnered with the Hawaiʻi State Public Library System and the Pacific Basin Telehealth Resource Center at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa to bring COVID-19 health and digital navigators and telehealth services to 15 libraries in underserved and rural areas statewide. The $3.7 million project… Continue Reading
- Lead in drinking water at selected Hawai‘i public schools and child care facilities linked to faucet fixtures no longer being used while monitoring continues Jul 22, 2021 - HONOLULU — About 4% of the water samples collected from faucets and drinking fountains at selected Hawai‘i public schools and child care facilities show elevated concentrations of lead. Water from those sources are no longer being used while ongoing monitoring and testing is conducted. The Hawai‘i State Department of Education (DOE), Department of Health (DOH), and Department of… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health warns consumers of recalled sunscreen products due to the presence of benzene Jul 20, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i State Department of Health (DOH) is alerting residents and visitors that Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (JJCI) is voluntarily recalling all lots of five NEUTROGENA® and AVEENO® aerosol sunscreen product lines. Company testing identified low levels of benzene in some samples of the products. Consumers should stop using the affected products… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: