The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- Hawai‘i Department of Health cites April M. Mabe, Dwayne N. Nasu, Ken Arima, and Linda Fong Arima for illegally operating unlicensed adult residential care homes and home care agency May 28, 2020 - HONOLULU – During this unprecedented time, the Hawai‘i Department of Health’s Office of Health Care Assurance (OHCA) has continued conducting investigations of unlicensed adult residential care homes (ARCHs) and other care services to ensure the health and safety of seniors. OHCA has issued two Notices of Violation and Order (NOVOs) for two illegal ARCHs located at 45-1117 Cobb Adams Road in… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health issues guidance to restaurants, retail food markets and food manufacturers to support the state’s recovery efforts May 22, 2020 - HONOLULU -- After being prohibited from offering dine-in service for the past two months, Hawai‘i restaurants will now gradually begin to reopen their doors to customers, aligning with the state’s Roadmap to Recovery and Resilience. To further guide the food service industry, the Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) has developed detailed guidance on safe practices… Continue Reading
- Neurotrauma Supports invites everyone to join first stroke awareness virtual scavenger hunt during Stroke Awareness Month in May May 22, 2020 - HONOLULU – In Hawai‘i, heart disease and stroke are responsible for almost 4,000 deaths per year. During Stroke Awareness Month in May, the Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) urges everyone to learn the signs and symptoms of stroke and how to prevent this serious condition. Throughout the month of May, Hawai‘i residents can learn more about stroke symptoms by… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health reports COVID-19 testing capacity now up to total of 3,620 tests per day in all four counties as the state begins to reopen May 21, 2020 - HONOLULU -- In-state COVID-19 testing capabilities have been a top concern throughout the pandemic, but an assessment of statewide testing capacity this week shows there are ample supplies of tests that can be conducted in Hawai‘i. It means Hawai‘i residents can breathe a sigh of relief. Healthcare providers can now consider testing patients whom they… Continue Reading
- Resilience hubs distribute protective equipment donations to behavioral health and homelessness service providers May 20, 2020 - HONOLULU – To help protect essential workers who provide mental health services and their patients, the Hawai‘i Department of Health and the Behavioral Health and Homelessness Statewide Unified Response Group (BHHSURG) are coordinating the distribution of donated personal protective equipment (PPE) across the state. So far, more than 12,000 surgical masks, among other items, have… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: