The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- DOH Red Hill Status Report #4 Jun 29, 2022 - HONOLULU – As part of its responsibility to protect public health and the environment, the Hawaiʻi Department of Health (DOH) provides status reports on matters concerning the defueling, monitoring, and remediation of the U.S. Navy’s Red Hill Bulk Fuel Storage facility. In accordance with its Emergency Order, DOH is preparing to receive the Navy’s Red… Continue Reading
- Moderna vaccine now an option for children ages 6-17 Jun 24, 2022 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) is adopting the CDC recommendation that Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine be used as an option for children and adolescents ages 6 through 17 years. The COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech is already available for people in this age group. “Vaccine eligibility is now simple and easy to understand.… Continue Reading
- DOH, PSD conduct coordinated operations to execute search warrants, embargo products at Pinky’s Hempire Jun 24, 2022 - CORRECTION: The two individuals have not been charged yet. One individual was arrested on two counts of Promoting a Harmful Drug in the second degree and two counts of Promoting a Detrimental Drug in the second degree. The second individual was arrested on one count of Promoting a Harmful Drug in the second degree. They were… Continue Reading
- DOH reports one additional probable monkeypox case Jun 24, 2022 - HONOLULU – The Hawaiʻi Department of Health (DOH) has identified one additional probable case of monkeypox in an Oʻahu resident. This brings the total number of cases in Hawaiʻi to five confirmed and one probable. DOH has also identified connections between all six people. “Vaccination and treatments are available, and we encourage anyone with monkeypox… Continue Reading
- Statewide fall prevention awareness campaign begins to reduce kupuna fall injuries Jun 23, 2022 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i State Department of Health (DOH) and the Hawai‘i Fall Prevention Consortium are launching a statewide campaign to reduce kupuna fall injuries. The campaign runs through July 17 and features new public service announcements, tai chi classes, a tai chi instructor workshop, medication reviews for seniors, “Fall Proof” workshops, and community presentations… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: