The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- Oʻahu selected for federal pilot program to provide one million free at-home COVID-19 tests Sep 20, 2021 - Oʻahu residents in eligible ZIP codes can order free COVID-19 test kits while supplies last at COVIDTestHonolulu.org HONOLULU – Oʻahu was selected for a federal pilot program that will provide free at-home COVID-19 test kits to eligible residents. The Say Yes! COVID Test At-Home Testing Challenge will provide 125,000 Oʻahu residents who live in eligible… Continue Reading
- CDC report highlights Hawaiʻi effort to address COVID-19 health disparities through improving data Sep 16, 2021 - HONOLULU – A new U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report authored by Hawaiʻi researchers demonstrates the value of separating public health data in order to identify and address racial disparities. Data collected by the Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) revealed racial disparities in COVID-19 infections and death. Race and ethnicity can serve as… Continue Reading
- Free COVID Testing Available at Four New Oʻahu Sites Sep 16, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawaiʻi Department of Health (DOH) has added four new COVID-19 testing locations on Oʻahu. Testing is available at: ElixRX Pharmacy Kailua on Monday-Saturday from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Kaiser Permanente Nanaikeola Clinic Parking on Sundays and Mondays from 9 a.m.– 4 p.m. Mililani Recreational Center 6 on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health issues second red placard to Doner Shack for non-payment of $3000 fine and permit renewal fees Sep 15, 2021 - HONOLULU - The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) Food Safety Branch has issued a Cease and Desist Order and a red “closed” placard to Doner Shack at 79 South Pauahi Street in Honolulu for failing to renew its state permit and failing to pay a $3,000 judgement, from a contested hearing case, against the establishment’s… Continue Reading
- DOH, Prevent Suicide Hawaiʻi Task Force Recognize National Suicide Prevention Month Sep 10, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health’s Emergency Medical Services and Injury Prevention System Branch (EMSIPSB) and the Prevent Suicide Hawai‘i Task Force are taking action to recognize National Suicide Prevention Month. Events will be held statewide throughout September to call attention to this issue. In Hawai‘i, one person dies from suicide every two… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: