The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- Hawai‘i Department of Health now preparing for statewide COVID-19 vaccination program Oct 22, 2020 - HONOLULU — Although a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine approved by the Food and Drug Administration is not expected to be widely available until early next year, state and county officials and private-sector partners have already prepared a preliminary plan to implement a COVID-19 vaccination program in the state. More than 150 stakeholders representing more… Continue Reading
- National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week is Oct. 25-31 Oct 21, 2020 - Keep keiki safe from lead exposure HONOLULU – The Hawai’i State Department of Health (DOH) is pleased to recognize National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week, Oct. 25-31. DOH encourages healthcare providers and the public to learn more about the effects of lead exposure on children, the many possible sources of lead exposure, and the steps to… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health reports rise in syphilis cases among women and newborns over the past four years Oct 21, 2020 - HONOLULU — The rate of syphilis cases in women and newborns in Hawai‘i has been increasing annually over the past four years, according to the Department of Health.“While we know everyone’s current attention is focused on preventing the spread of COVID-19, we must also pay close attention to syphilis because of the potential health effects,… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health confirms four COVID-19 cases on Lāna‘i Oct 20, 2020 - Drive-thru testing clinic will be held on Oct. 24 HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health’s Maui District Health Office (MDHO) has confirmed four cases of COVID-19 in residents on the island of Lāna‘i. MDHO was notified of the positive test results today and is actively performing contact tracing and investigation of the cases. Initial… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health releases updated COVID-19 guidance for schools Oct 19, 2020 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health released updated guidance to elementary, middle and high schools today to help school administrators make decisions to safely transition between different models of learning — virtual classes, traditional classroom learning, or a combination of at-home learning and in-person learning. The guidance is available on the Department of Health’s website… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: