The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- Hawai‘i Department of Health cites four companies for air permit violations Aug 7, 2020 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health Clean Air Branch (DOH) has issued Notices and Finding of Violation and Orders (NOVOs) against four companies. All those responsible have or had the option to request a hearing to contest their alleged violations and penalties. Hawaiian Dredging Construction Company at Camp 10 Quarry Rd., Maui, was cited… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health announces new metrics to better track and manage the pandemic Aug 5, 2020 - HONOLULU – With the high number of positive COVID-19 cases in the state, the Hawai‘i Department of Health will be introducing new metrics to assist in decision-making and to better track and manage the disease with a higher degree of accountability, announced Health Director Dr. Bruce Anderson. The new metrics will augment existing metrics to… Continue Reading
- State offers one-stop hotline for crisis support, mental health resources and substance use treatment services Aug 5, 2020 - HONOLULU — The Department of Health, in partnership with the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work, has expanded its hotline for crisis support to include access to mental health resources and substance use treatment services. Callers in need of these services can now call Hawai‘i C.A.R.E.S.—Coordinated Access Resource Entry… Continue Reading
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Division awarded $11.8 million grant to improve children’s mental health services statewide Jul 15, 2020 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Division (CAMHD) has been awarded a competitive $11.8 million system of care expansion grant funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. The four-year grant will begin funding services in August 2020. The grant will focus on enhancing services for approximately… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health to begin issuing red placards to restaurants and bars that violate physical distancing and other mandates to prevent the spread of COVID-19 Jul 9, 2020 - HONOLULU – There are now severe consequences for food establishments that do not take physical distancing and other guidance seriously. The Hawai‘i Department of Health’s Food Safety Branch will begin to temporarily suspend the operations of restaurants, bars and other food establishments that do not comply with physical distancing, wearing cloth face masks and other… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: