The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- DOH authorizes booster doses for Moderna, Johnson & Johnson vaccines Oct 21, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health will adopt the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidelines on COVID-19 booster doses for Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines. “Boosters doses are common for many vaccines and will provide additional protection to Hawai‘i residents at higher risk for severe illness or occupational exposure,” said… Continue Reading
- DOH prepares for likely authorization of COVID-19 vaccine for keiki 5-11 Oct 21, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) is planning for the likely administration of COVID-19 vaccinations to children 5-11 as it closely monitors federal review of the Pfizer vaccine for this age group. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) must authorize use of the vaccine and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and… Continue Reading
- Free in-person help for enrolling in Medicare Oct 21, 2021 - HONOLULU – Open enrollment for Medicare began Oct. 15 and continues through Dec. 7 for those who are eligible, but enrolling can be challenging. The Hawaii State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) is offering one-hour, in-person counseling on Oct. 22 & 29 and Nov. 9 & 19 on O‘ahu, with phone and video counseling options… Continue Reading
- One million in Hawai‘i complete vaccinations Oct 20, 2021 - More than 420,000 not fully vaccinated HONOLULU – Data compiled by the Hawai'i Department of Health (DOH) show more than one-million people in Hawai‘i are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. “It’s great to see so many people in Hawai‘i follow the science. We are thrilled that over a million people are fully vaccinated. That leaves an… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health issues red placard to Kamana Indian Cuisine Restaurant in Kailua-Kona Oct 18, 2021 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) has issued a red placard to Kamana Indian Cuisine Restaurant in Kailua-Kona on Hawai‘i Island. The food establishment has been closed and ordered to correct multiple food safety violations, which include roach infestation of the kitchen and food storage areas, evidence of active rodent infestation, and additional health… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: