The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- DOH releases soil data from AFFF release at Red Hill Jan 27, 2023 - HONOLULU – The Hawaiʻi Department of Health (DOH) received the first set of test results from soil samples it collected outside of Adit 6 of the Red Hill Bulk Fuel Storage Facility, where roughly 1,100 gallons of aqueous film forming foam (AFFF) were released on November 29, 2022. The laboratory test results are available on… Continue Reading
- Department of Health launches “Sweet Lies!” campaign Jan 23, 2023 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) recently launched a new public service announcement campaign aimed at the beverage industry’s marketing of sweetened fruit drinks to keiki. Pictures of fruit and words like juice, natural, and 100% vitamin C mislead parents into thinking these beverages are healthy. In reality, sweetened fruit drinks can contain as… Continue Reading
- PFAS detected in Kunia Village water system Jan 20, 2023 - HONOLULU – Low levels of chemicals known as PFAS (perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances) have been detected in water samples collected at the Kunia Village water system’s Del Monte Kunia 3 well. Although long-term consumption of drinking water with PFAS could be a health risk, the low levels of PFAS in the Kunia Village water system… Continue Reading
- DOH to participate in Red Hill open house Jan 17, 2023 - HONOLULU - The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) will participate in an open house Thursday, January 19, regarding the ongoing effort to defuel and close the Red Hill Bulk Fuel Storage Facility (RHBFSF). The open house will be at the O‛ahu Veterans Center at 1298 Kukila Street from 3 p.m. until 8 p.m. DOH will… Continue Reading
- Low levels of PFAS detected in Waipahu Wells II Jan 6, 2023 - HONOLULU – Low levels of perfluorohexanoic acid (PFHxA) were recently detected in water samples collected at the Waipahu Wells II Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) Treatment Facility, which is part of the Waipahu-Ewa-Wai‛anae water system. PFHxA is part of the group of perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS). PFAS are chemicals that are common drinking water and… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: