The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- Maui Air Monitoring and Sampling Shows Good Air Quality Dec 7, 2023 - HONOLULU – The Hawaiʻi Department of Health (DOH) continues to monitor air quality in wildfire-impacted areas of Maui. “DOH will continue both real-time air monitoring and air sampling to provide the community with data on whether debris removal or other activities are impacting air quality,” said Deputy Director for Environmental Health Kathleen Ho. “It’s important… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health Reopens Wei Wei BBQ & Noodle House in Wailuku under Conditional Pass Dec 5, 2023 - Wailuku, HI – The Hawai‘i Department of Health’s (DOH) Maui Food Safety Branch issued a yellow “Conditional Pass” placard to Wei Wei BBQ & Noodle House today, allowing the establishment to reopen to the public. The restaurant, owned and operated by Wei Wei BBQ & Noodle House, Inc., is located at 210 Imi Kala St.… Continue Reading
- Department of Health and EPA Secure Federal Funding to Increase Supply of Safe Drinking Water Dec 1, 2023 - HONOLULU – The Hawaiʻi Department of Health (DOH) has partnered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to secure up to $75 million for use by the Honolulu Board of Water Supply (BWS). Among the potential uses for this funding is that BWS can resume use of its Hālawa Shaft for drinking water production. DOH… Continue Reading
- Department of Health receives federal grant to help reduce maternal mortality in Hawai‘i Dec 1, 2023 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i State Department of Health (DOH), Maternal and Child Health Branch (MCHB), received $295,000 in federal grant funds to support efforts to prevent maternal mortality and to support maternal mortality review committees. Maternal mortality rates in the United States are higher than in many other developed countries. Approximately 10 to 12 women die each year… Continue Reading
- DOH announces recipient of 2023 Suzanne Richmond-Crum Award on World AIDS Day Nov 30, 2023 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i State Department of Health Harm Reduction Services Branch (HRSB) is pleased to announce Keiva Lei Cadena as the recipient of the 2023 Suzanne Richmond-Crum Award. The award will be presented during the annual World AIDS Day ceremony on Friday, December 1, 2023. Cadena is being honored for her outstanding contributions to… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: