The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- DOH reports additional mpox case Sep 28, 2023 - Mpox vaccination encouraged for anyone at risk HONOLULU – The Hawaiʻi Department of Health (DOH) is reporting one additional case of mpox in an O‘ahu resident. This is the first case of mpox diagnosed in Hawaiʻi since November 2022. Additionally, the National Wastewater Surveillance System reported intermittent detection of mpox virus in wastewater on Oʻahu, although… Continue Reading
- DOH Provides Guidance on Re-Entry to Impacted Areas of Maui Wildfires Sep 21, 2023 - HONOLULU – As residents and owners are allowed re-entry to their properties in the impacted areas of the Maui wildfires, it is important to understand the health risks and potential emotional impacts. The Hawai’i Department of Health (DOH) offers evidence-based guidance which included input from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Centers for Disease Control… Continue Reading
- Department of Health issues yellow placard to Papa Kurt’s in Ala Moana district Sep 21, 2023 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) issued a yellow placard to Papa Kurt’s located at 808 Sheridan St. on Sept. 21, 2023. The food establishment, operated by SaiminSays LLC, initially received a red placard on Sept. 20, 2023 during an attempted routine inspection when a DOH inspector was denied entry into the food… Continue Reading
- Preliminary Maui air monitoring data show good air quality Sep 15, 2023 - DOH continues to urge precautions HONOLULU – Results from preliminary air sampling and air monitoring conducted in Lāhainā and Upcountry Maui are reassuring. The results do not show evidence of poor air quality or any hazardous levels of contaminants in the air at the time the samples were collected. The Hawaiʻi Department of Health (DOH)… Continue Reading
- New 2023-2024 COVID-19 vaccines offers enhanced protection Sep 14, 2023 - HONOLULU - The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) recommends use of the new 2023-2024 COVID-19 vaccines newly approved and authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, to protect against the most common forms of COVID-19 in Hawai‘i. The new vaccines address the XBB-lineages of the Omicron variant that accounts for 99% of COVID-19 cases… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: