The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- Hawai‘i Department of Health approves second medical cannabis retail dispensary for Green Aloha Sep 16, 2022 - Kauai – The Hawai‘i State Department of Health (DOH) has approved Green Aloha, Ltd.’s application to open a second retail facility on Kauai. Green Aloha’s new retail location is at 2827 Poipu Road, Koloa. Green Aloha expects to begin sales on September 17, 2022. “Green Aloha’s new dispensary will provide much needed access to patients… Continue Reading
- DOH awarded federal grant to establish national Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander Behavioral Health Center of Excellence Sep 9, 2022 - HONOLULU – The Hawaiʻi Department of Health (DOH) was awarded nearly $3.5 million from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to establish a first-of-its-kind national Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (AANHPI) Behavioral Health Center of Excellence. DOH will receive the nearly $3.5 million in federal funds over the next five years.… Continue Reading
- DOH reports three additional monkeypox cases, shifts data reporting online Sep 8, 2022 - Beginning today, DOH will primarily report new cases online at https://health.hawaii.gov/docd/disease_listing/monkeypox/. Cases will continue to be reported as new information is received. DOH is also releasing additional data on JYNNEOS vaccine administration in Hawai‘i. Vaccination data will be updated on Wednesdays at https://health.hawaii.gov/docd/hawaii-monkeypox-data/. The three newly reported cases are all Oʻahu residents. This brings the… Continue Reading
- DOH releases updated Red Hill defueling plan Sep 7, 2022 - HONOLULU – The Hawaiʻi Department of Health received a supplement to the Navy’s Red Hill defueling plan this afternoon. Click here to read a redacted version of the defueling plan supplement submitted by the Navy. “We are focused on ensuring that defueling takes place as quickly and safely as possible,” said Deputy Director of Environmental… Continue Reading
- Prepare for Medicare open enrollment with free guidance from the Hawai‘i State Executive Office on Aging Sep 7, 2022 - HONOLULU – Ahead of the annual Medicare open enrollment period, the Hawaiʻi State Executive Office on Aging and Hawaiʻi State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) are holding several events to assist those turning 65 or those enrolled in Medicare to learn about and choose the best plan to fit their healthcare needs. Hawaiʻi SHIP will… Continue Reading
More news releases
Archived news releases
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF?
You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: