Each year on Hawaii roads more than 100 people die in traffic related crashes. Traffic related deaths are the 2nd leading cause of injury related death among 15 to 24 year olds, and the 4th leading cause of death for all ages. Efforts to reduce traffic related fatalities and serious injuries takes a multi-pronged approach that addresses both the transportation system and the road users. EMSIPSB continues to work with key partners across the state and nation to use the best available data and information to advance lasting improvements in areas of traffic safety.
- Hawaii Injury Prevention Plan 2018-2023
- Pedestrian, Bicycle, and Micromobility Safety
- Motorcycle and Moped Safety
- Child Passenger Safety (coming soon)
- Teen and Mature Driver Safety (coming soon)
- Risky Behaviors (coming soon)
Do you have a traffic safety (or other injury prevention) story you’d like to share?