HAZARD EVALUATION & EMERGENCY RESPONSE OFFICE
Effective July 1, 2020 – In accordance with the State’s roadmap to recovery and resilience with COVID-19:
- Our staff are working full-time at our Pearl City office.
- Masks are recommended and appreciated.
- We continue to be available for assistance by phone at (808) 586-4249 during normal business hours (Monday–Friday, 7:45 am–4:30 pm, excluding holidays) or by email.
- To report an environmental emergency outside of normal business hours, please call (808) 236-8200.
- We continue to encourage you to submit documents through e-permitting.
The Hazard Evaluation and Emergency Response (HEER) Office provides state leadership, support and partnership in preventing, planning for, responding to, and enforcing environmental laws relating to releases or threats of releases of hazardous substances, pollutants, or contaminants.
The HEER Office reports directly to the Deputy Director of the Environmental Health Administration. Learn more about what we do.