Waiver Services and Providers
Through the Medicaid 1915(c) Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (Medicaid I/DD Waiver), individuals can access services to support a full life in the community. Services and supports are identified through a person-centered planning process with case managers. Case managers also coordinate and assist individuals in accessing these services from qualified providers, chosen by the individual, or through the Consumer-Directed (CD) Option. Services available through providers and the Consumer-Directed Option have an * (asterisk) next to the service.
For more information on each of the services, click on the service below. Please note that links below open in PDF Format.
Here is a list of all waiver services grouped by living arrangement.
Note: Not all services can be accessed by participants living in all types of homes.
All Settings: Family Home, Living Independently, and Licensed/Certified Home (PDF Format)
- Adult Day Health (ADH)
- Assistive Technology
- Community Learning Services – Group (CLS-G)
- Community Learning Services – Individual (CLS-Ind)*
- Discovery and Career Planning
- Individual Employment Supports
- Personal Emergency Response System
- Private Duty Nursing
- Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Training and Consultation
- Waiver Emergency Services: Crisis Mobile Outreach
- Waiver Emergency Services: Out-of-Home Stabilization
Family Home or Living Independently Only (PDF Format)
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations
- Personal Assistance/Habilitation (PAB)*
- Respite (for Family Home only)*
- Non-medical Transportation*
- Vehicular Modifications
Licensed/Certified Home Only (PDF Format)
- Additional Residential Supports
- Residential Habilitation (ResHab)
A Medicaid I/DD Waiver provider is an individual, company or organization that has been recommended by DDD to be approved for a Medicaid Provider Agreement with the Department of Human Services, Med-QUEST Division (MQD). Approved providers are paid by Medicaid to provide direct services to Medicaid I/DD Waiver participants in compliance with all waiver requirements, federal and state laws, and Waiver Standards. Providers may be for-profit or non-profit.
DDD strives to ensure qualified providers are available throughout the state and offer a variety of services. For information on approved Medicaid I/DD Waiver providers, click on the link below:
Waiver Provider Brochure – PDF Format (Effective July 1, 2022)