- “Licensed Settings / Plan of Correction.” DDD will be hosting a webinar for ResHab providers and Caregivers on working together to support the I/DD population to live, work, love, and play as part of the community and address the common issues to ensure not only compliance but high-quality, person-centered supports. Tuesday, May 30, 2023, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- “HCBS Final Rule and ISP Modifications” DDD will be hosting a webinar for participants and families to learn how compliant services can best support the I/DD population to live, work, love and play as part of the community, the importance of understanding modifications in the ISP, and what families do when they feel like things are not working. Tuesday, May 30, 2023, 1:00 – 2:00 PM
- “Unwinding Appendix K and Waiver Amendment.” DDD will host an informational session for participants, families, providers, other stakeholders and DDD staff. Topics will cover changes as we reach the end of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, timeline, and impacts to services, as well as Waiver Amendment changes to service rates, the process for delivery of nurse delegation, and timeline for Public Comments. Friday, June 2, 2023 10:30 AM
- “DDD’s 1st Tuesdays – Training Series” are 1-hour workshops that aim to focus on aspects that are both ‘Important To’ and ‘Important For’ a person. Staff and stakeholders will deepen their knowledge in the philosophical foundation of person-centered planning and information that improves a participant’s health and welfare.
- Patient Notification: Staffing Shortage & Dental Care – October, 18, 2021
- Disability Information and Access Line – Help with COVID-19 vaccinations for people with disabilities (The Disability Information and Access Line can be reached between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET at 888-677-1199 or by emailing [email protected].)
- Process to Request a Replacement Vaccination Card – PDF Format (For individuals vaccinated in Hawaii
- NEW! Growing Family Resilience
- NEW! Hawaii ABLE Savings Program – November 5, 2021
Welcome to the Developmental Disabilities Division (DDD)
DDD serves people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD) to realize their POSSIBILITIES NOW! People with disabilities have a right to live and participate fully in the community throughout their lives, just like everyone. Support to families is an important part of the work we do.
Most of the services we provide are through a Medicaid 1915(c) Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waiver for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). The purpose of the Medicaid I/DD Waiver is to support participants to live in their homes and communities through services that promote each person’s self-determination, health, community integration, and safety. Read more about the Medicaid I/DD Waiver.