Groundwater Pollution Control
- To protect the quality of Hawaii’s underground sources of drinking water from chemical, physical, radioactive, and biological contamination that could originate from injection well activity.
- Process permits and project reviews for new and renewal permits, modifications, and abandonment of injection wells.
- Evaluate geologic logs of soil and rock, injectivity tests, geologic maps, and groundwater quality profiles to determine the viability of subsurface injection.
- Maintain inventory and database of all injection well files.
- Organize and conduct site inspections to verify the location and performance of injection wells and to verify compliance with all testing or well closure plans.
- Conduct site investigations to identify problems such as unpermitted facilities and correction of deficiencies.
- Enforce Underground Injection Control rules and permit conditions.
- Serve the public by providing information and technical assistance.
Phone: (808) 586-4258
Fax: (808) 586-4351
E-Mail: [email protected]
Safe Drinking Water Branch
Environmental Management Division
Hawaii State Department of Health
2385 Waimano Home Road, Uluakupu
Pearl City, Hawaii 96782-1900
|Norris Uehara:||Section Supervisor|
|Jaime Rimando:||UIC Geologist|
|Mark Frazier:||UIC Geologist|