Compliance and Enforcement
- To review public water system performance and to achieve compliance by those systems through technical assistance, formal enforcement, or other means.
- Assure that all public water systems are in compliance with all state and federal rules, regulations and requirements.
- Identify non-compliant public water systems and to assure required violation response measures are taken.
- Issue public notice of all new contaminants in a public water system as required under Chapter 340E, Section 340E-24, within 14 days of determination that the results are reliable, or take appropriate actin to establish reliable data.
- Revise and update state regulations to be in compliance with Federal Drinking Water Requirements.
- Identify system problems through sanitary survey, monitoring results or other means and work with systems to address these problems.
- Issue enforcement actions as necessary.
- Evaluate engineering compliance proposals, track progress of compliance projects, cite violations of compliance schedules or provide extensions where appropriate.
|Joan Corrigan||Section Supervisor, Total Coliform Rule|
|Zhaohui Wang||Radionuclides Rule, Total Coliform Rule|
|Jodi Yamami||Public Water Systems Operator Certification|
|vacant||Chemical Monitoring (External Labs), Consumer Confidence Reports|
Phone: (808) 586-4258
Fax: (808) 586-4351
E-Mail: [email protected]
Safe Drinking Water Branch
Environmental Management Division
Hawaii State Department of Health
2385 Waimano Home Road, Suite 110
Uluakupu Building 4
Pearl City, Hawaii 96782-1400
- East Hawaii
Safe Drinking Water Branch – Hilo
Hawaii District Health Office – Hilo
1582 Kamehameha Avenue
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
Phone: (808) 933-0401
Fax: (808) 933-0400
Last Update: 2 February 2023