- To provide engineering review and approval to new water sources, system modifications, treatment proposals, and other public water system activities requiring comment, review and approval.
- Assure that new and substantial modifications to public water systems can deliver water of potable quality.
- Review and provide technical assistance to water purveyors and consultants.
- Review and approve plans, reports and specifications for new sources, serving public water systems.
- Conduct special studies as necessary for the effective administration and operation of the Drinking Water Program.
- Administer a State Revolving Fund for public water system improvements.
- Implement the Lead and Copper program.