RENEWAL APPLICANTS: We are doing our very best to assist you! All participants with a medical cannabis registry account will receive renewal notifications via email. Please be reminded that you are able to submit your application for a renewal 60 days prior to your current registration expiration date. It is up to you to take advantage of this opportunity to avoid any lapse in your registration.
Our current turnaround time as of June 2018 is approximately 25 business days.
Please be advised that your new 329 card does not become valid until your previous 329 card expires. Only one (1) 329 card will be valid at any given time. This may affect entry into a dispensary. Please use your previous 329 card at a dispensary until it expires. Your new 329 registration card will automatically activate once the previous one expires. If you have any questions or concerns please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Patient/Caregivers: Information about the registration process, registration cards, growing medical cannabis, and information for caregivers >>>>>||Physicians/APRNs: Learn about your rights as a physician, licensing and registration, patient registration procedures, and debilitating medical conditions >>>>>||Law Enforcement: Information for law enforcement on individual and grow site verification, designated officers and information access for law enforcement >>>>>|
Photos courtesy of Loren Shaw
Medical Cannabis impacts more than just patients in the state of Hawaii. Everyone has a part to play and the Department of Health encourages registered patients to be mindful of how their use of cannabis may impact others around them. Click here to read more general information about the Medical Cannabis Registry Program.
Medical Cannabis Registry Program
Remember, all support staff are doing their best to assist you. Your professional and respectful interaction with them is greatly appreciated!
If you wish to communicate with DOH, email email@example.com. We will respond as soon as humanly possible!
Information Hotline – Call (808) 733-2177and listen to general information about the program. If you are located on Hawaii, you can call (808) 974-4000, ext. 32177; Maui, call (808) 984-2400, ext. 32177; Kauai call (808) 274-3141, ext. 32177 – for toll free access to the Information Hot Line.
NOTE: Caller’s must wait for the dial tone before dialing ext. 32177. If you do not, you may be transferred to a random department within the state based on the timing of how you press the numbers 32177. The individuals in those departments will not be able to assist you.
NOTE: APOLOGIES in advance! If you are having difficulty submitting your application when using an iPad or smart phone, please try again using a desk top or lap top device and be sure to use an updated version of Firefox or Chrome as your browser.
Registry Applicants – Please check your account at medmj.ehawaii.gov WEEKLY for registration status updates. The AVERAGE turnaround time for processing complete applications is ten (10) business days, subject to volume and staffing.
PLEASE BE ADVISED that “turnaround time” means the number of business days (sorry, we don’t work on weekends!) from the date that the Physician/APRN submits the electronic application to DOH to the date that DOH reviews the application and issues a 329 Card. Incomplete applications that are returned to either the patient or the physician for corrections are NOT in queue and it is the patient’s/physician’s responsibility to make the required corrections and resubmit within 30 days. Resubmitted applications have a new turnaround time frame based on the date it is resubmitted to DOH. All applications are reviewed/processed in the order received based on the date submitted/resubmitted.
- If you see:
- “Waiting for Activation“, your 329 Card has been processed and issued – but you have a current valid card – your new card will be mailed to you but will not become “Active” until your current valid card expires. IF you would like to activate your new 329 card upon receipt, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- “Submitted to Physician/APRN“, your application has NOT been submitted to DOH by your physician/APRN. Please follow up with your physician/APRN.
- “Submitted to DOH“, you application has been received by DOH, it has NOT been reviewed so it may NOT be complete. All applications are processed in the order received.
- “Waiting for patient or waiting for physician/APRN“, your application was NOT complete and was returned electronically. Check the email you used to register to see what corrections are needed, make the corrections and resubmit. If you do NOT see a 329 Registration Number your card has not been issued, yet.
- “Registration Number“, your 329 Card has been processed and issued – please allow ample time for postal delivery. Be sure to check the mailing address on your application to be sure there are NO ERRORS that may cause a postal deliver delay. Some VALID address have taken up to 30 days for delivery. If your mailing address is WRONG – please review Changes to Application Information and email email@example.com.
- If you still have not received your 329 card in excess of 30 days since issuance, AND your mailing address is CORRECT, then email firstname.lastname@example.org and call your physician/APRN. If for any reason your 329 card was returned to DOH due to an invalid address, the 329 card will be sent to your physician/APRN.
- Please remember that it is not the date you saw the physician/APRN, it is the date that the physician/APRN submits the application to DOH that triggers review and approval of your complete application. Incomplete applications will take longer and will re-enter the queue based on the date that YOU resubmit.
Replacement, Changes, and Voids – To request a replacement, change, or to void your 329 card, please download our change packet and guide.