In-State Patient Application
1. Schedule an Appointment with a Certifying Medical Provider:
- Initial Applicants need to create a bona fide patient relationship and have a face-to-face in-person appointment
- Renewal Applicants may inquire with their Medical Providers office if telehealth appointments are available
2. Create an Medmj.ehawaii.gov online account using a valid email address
3. Fill out the online application. Please have the following documents ready to be uploaded:
- Valid Driver License, State ID issued by a State of the United States or a Valid Passport
- Patient/Caregiver/Grow Site Certification Forms as applicable
4. Pay the Application Fee with Credit/Debt Card or Direct withdrawal from a savings or checking account
- $38.50 for a 1-year registration or
- $77.00 for a 2-year registration (if eligible & Renewal Patients ONLY)
5. Submit your medmj.ehawaii.gov online application to your Medical Provider.
6. Your Medical Provider will certify your medical condition and submits your application to DOH for review and approval.
7. Applications are reviewed in the order received.
Incomplete applications will be electronically returned to you for corrections and re-submission via medmj.ehawaii.gov.
Once you receive a Approval notification via email, you may access your Hawaii 329 Medical Cannabis Card by logging into your medmj.ehawaii.gov account to download your electronic card.
How to Access Your 329 Card Online
329 Card General Renewal Information:
Our renewal process is similar to submitting your first application. Please contact your medical provider to make an appointment and you may want to discuss telehealth as an option to renew with your provider rather than physically going into his/her office.
Patients who are renewing their 329 registration may be eligible for a two-year renewal IF:
- The patient is renewing with the same Medical Provider who certified them in a previous year; &
- The certifying Medical Provider states that the patient’s condition is chronic in nature; &
- The certifying Medical Provider recommends that a two-year 329 registration is in the patient’s best interest.
We strongly advise that all patients consult with their certifying Medical Provider PRIOR to applying for a two-year renewal to ensure that their certifying medical provider supports a two-year renewal.
APPLICATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
All participants with a Medical Cannabis Registry medmj.ehawaii.gov account will receive renewal notifications via email 60-days prior to the 329 card expiration.
- Patient can renew their 329 registration 60-days prior to their expiration date.
- Renewed 329 card does not become valid until your previous 329 card expires.
***Please take advantage of this opportunity to avoid any lapse in your registration.***
Only one (1) 329 card will be valid at any given time. Please use your previous 329 card at a dispensary until it expires. Your new 329 registration card will automatically activate once the previous one expires.
Please be advised:
- Patients are not authorized for the medical use of cannabis until they receive their 329 registration card in hand from the DOH, Medical Cannabis Registry Program
- Patients & Caregivers MUST keep their valid ID and valid 329 card on them when in possession of medical cannabis.
- Your card may be revoked & denied entry into a dispensary if a registration card is tampered, falsified, altered (in any way), modified, or allowing another person to use, tamper, falsify, alter (in any way), or modify a registration card.
It’s NOT okay to drive a motor vehicle when under the influence of medical cannabis.