In-State Patient Application
1. Schedule an appointment with a certifying physician/APRN
- Initial applicants need to create/main a bona fide patient relationship and have a face-to-face in-person appointment
- Renewal applicants may inquire with heir providers office if telehealth appointments are available
2. Create an online account using a valid email address
3. Fill out the online application. Please have the following documents ready to be uploaded:
- Valid Driver License, State ID issued by a State of the United States or a Valid Passport Book
- Patient/Caregiver/Grow Site Certification Forms as applicable
4. Pay the application fee with Credit/Debt Card or Direct withdrawal from a savings or checking account.
5. Submit your online application to your certifying physician/APRN.
6. Physician/APRN certifies your condition and submits your application to DOH for review and approval.
7. Applications are reviewed in the order received.
Incomplete applications will be electronically returned to you for corrections and re-submission via medmj.ehawaii.gov.
Once approved, you may access your Hawaii 329 Medical Cannabis Card: How to Access Your 329 Card Online
329 Card General Renewal Information
All participants with a medical cannabis registry account will receive renewal notifications via email 60-days prior to the 329 card expiration.
- Patient can renew their 329 registration 60-days prior to their expiration date.
- Please take advantage of this opportunity to avoid any lapse in your registration.
- Your new 329 card does not become valid until your previous 329 card expires.
Only one (1) 329 card will be valid at any given time. Please use your previous 329 card at a dispensary until it expires. Your new 329 registration card will automatically activate once the previous one expires.
Two-Year Renewal Eligibility
Patients who are renewing their 329 registration may be eligible for a two-year renewal if:
- The patient is renewing with the same physician/APRN who certified them in a previous year; and
- The certifying physician/APRN states that the patient’s condition is chronic in nature; and
- The certifying physician/APRN recommends that a two-year 329 registration is in the patient’s best interest.
Patients must consult with the certifying physician/APRN PRIOR to applying for a two-year renewal to ensure that the certifying physician/APRN supports a two-year renewal.
All fees are non-refundable.
Please be advised:
- Patients and caregivers are not authorized for the medical use of cannabis until they receive their 329 registration card in hand from the DOH, Medical Cannabis Registry Program
- Patients & Caregivers MUST keep their valid ID and valid 329 card on them when in possession of medical cannabis.
- Your card may be revoked & denied entry into a dispensary if a registration card is tampered, falsified, altered (in any way), modified, or allowing another person to use, tamper, falsify, alter (in any way), or modify a registration card.