Renewing your 329 Registration
RENEWAL APPLICANTS: We are doing our very best to assist you! All participants with a medical cannabis registry account will receive renewal notifications via email. Please be reminded that you are able to submit your application for a renewal 60 days prior to your current registration expiration date. It is up to you to take advantage of this opportunity to avoid any lapse in your registration.
Please be advised that your new 329 card does not become valid until your previous 329 card expires. Only one (1) 329 card will be valid at any given time. This may affect entry into a dispensary. Please use your previous 329 card at a dispensary until it expires. Your new 329 registration card will automatically activate once the previous one expires. If you have any questions or concerns please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, all Hawai‘i patients must obtain a written certification from a physician or advance practice registered nurse (APRN) to apply for certification for the medical use of cannabis on an annual basis. Since many patients have debilitating health conditions that are chronic in nature, Act 116 SLH 2018 permits DOH to extend the validity of the certification for up to three years with the concurrence of the patient, and the patient’s physician or APRN. The physician/APRN and patient relationship will be maintained to support ongoing patient access to medical cannabis treatment. Implementation does take time and we hope to roll this out in the first half of 2019.
How to Renew your 329 Registration:
We recommend that you watch this quick video guide on how to submit your renewal application HERE.
Here are the steps to renew your registration:
- Schedule an appointment with your physician to be re‐certified
- Go to https://login.ehawaii.gov and create a “free” secure account (SKIP if you have an existing account)
- Go to https://medmj.ehawaii.gov and login
- Fill out the online application and upload any required documents (i.e. clear copy of your valid ID)
- Pay – the cost is $38.50 ($35 application fee + $3.50 portal administration fee); you must pay with a credit/debit card or direct withdrawal from a savings or checking account. All fees are nonrefundable, even if a card is NOT issued. Applications that use direct withdrawals from savings or checking accounts will not be processed until a minimum of 10 business days from date debit (to be sure it clears your account). Applications that use credit/debit card payment will have the shortest turnaround time.
- Submit your Application
If you are having technical difficulties you may also contact our IT Help desk at 808-695-4620. They are extremely helpful and doing their best to serve you, kindness is always appreciated.