Isolation and Antigen Detection Unit:
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”16″ gal_title=”sld-vir”]
- Provides laboratory services for the isolation and identification of viruses of public health significance.
- Provides laboratory surveillance data and strain characterization information on influenza to departmental programs, Centers for Disease Control, and the World Health Organization.
- Provides nucleic acid and antigen detection testing to detect viral agents (including rabies) and Chlamydia trachomatis.
- Provides consultative and reference laboratory services to departmental programs, other governmental agencies, private physicians, and laboratories.
Viral Serology Unit:
- Performs or assists in providing serological tests to demonstrate the presence of antibodies to viral and chlamydial agents of public health significance including HIV, Hepatitis B, measles, rubella, and dengue.
- Provides consultation and reference laboratory services to other governmental agencies, private physicians and institutions in areas unique to viral serologies.
- Provides laboratory support for epidemiologically based serosurveys of the State’s population to determine the presence and effect of viral, rickettsial or chlamydial agents.
Specimen Requirements for:
Specimen Requisition Form: