Community Involvement and Training
Community Involvement and Training[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”14″ gal_title=”sld-community”]
- License ~1400 clinical laboratory scientists.
- License ~100 medical review officers for substance abuse testing.
- Certifies 3 forensic blood alcohol and 8 drug abuse laboratories.
- Trains law enforcement supervisors on breath alcohol testing.
- Trains University of Hawaii and Kapiolani Community College students.
- Hosts workshops and trade demonstrations in laboratory science.
- Provided Highlands Intermediate Science Fair with judges for the last 5 years.
- Emergency response exercises & training with HFD, county, state, & federal law enforcement.
- Provided volunteers to Hawaii schools statewide during annual “Stop Flu at School” campaigns.
- Leads the Hawaii Laboratory Response Network.
- Certifies local and mainland labs that perform drinking water testing for Hawaii.
- Provide adjunct faculty to area colleges and universities.
- Provides 1-year training and 2-year research fellowships in emerging infectious disease through APHL.
- Periodically provides paid, volunteer, and/or for-credit internships.
Point of Care Tests: Training Materials
– Abbott BinaxNOW
- Abbott BinaxNOW training video
– Abbott ID NOW
– BD Veritor
- BD Veritor training video