Patients and Caregivers
Effective January 1, 2016, ALL applications must be submitted electronically. This will require patients to create a secure account, enter their own personal data (name, address, grow site location, etc.) and that of their caregiver, if applicable, and make the required payment of $38.50 ($35 application fee + $3.50 portal administration fee) electronically. All initial application and renewal application fees MUST be paid electronically via credit/debit card or direct withdrawal from a savings or checking account. Fees are non-refundable, even if a card is NOT issued. Physicians will still be required to certify the patient’s debilitating medical condition AND “submit” the electronic application to DOH. See Registration Information.
Electronically certified (signed and certified by the physician electronically) 329 Cards will be mailed directly to the patient.
To avoid delays, applicants should:
- Use a valid email address (be sure to check your application status weekly until your 329 Card is issued)
- Use a correct, complete mailing address
- Use a correct, complete phone number
- Verify that the documents you attach are CORRECT
- Verify that your valid ID is CLEAR (Renewal Applicants – if possible, use the SAME valid ID as you used the year prior)
- Always REVIEW before you SUBMIT!
DOH recommends that all potentially qualifying patients begin the discussion of whether or not medical cannabis is the right treatment option for their condition with the physician that is currently treating them for that condition. All certifying physicians must have a valid Hawaii Medical License number and a valid Hawaii Controlled Substance License number.
BE ADVISED: PATIENTS AND CAREGIVERS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED FOR THE MEDICAL USE OF MARIJUANA UNTIL SUCH TIME THAT THEY RECEIVE THEIR 329 REGISTRATION CARD FROM DOH AND THEY MUST KEEP BOTH THEIR VALID ID AND VALID 329 CARD ON THEM WHENEVER THEY ARE IN POSSESSION OF MEDICAL MARIJUANA.
It’s NOT okay to drive a motor vehicle when under the influence of medical cannabis.
- How the Program Works
- Status Updates
- Registration Process: Application Form “Tips”
- Registration Information
- Registration cards
- Registration Q & A
- Renewing your 329 Registration
- Changes to Application Information
- Minor Applicants
- Growing Medical Cannabis
- Choosing a Caregiver
- Caregiver Information