TBI Reference Library
TBI PDF Resources
Living with TBI
- Waltzman, D., Sarmiento, K., Devine, O., Zhang, X., DePadilla, L., Kresnow, M., Borradaile, K., Hurwitz, A., Jones, D., Goyal, R., & Breiding, M. J. (2021). Head Impact Exposures Among Youth Tackle and Flag American Football Athletes. Sports Health.
- Murata, N.M., Oshiro, R., Furutani, T., Mashima, P., Thibault, E., Lew, H.L. (2019). Hawai’i Concussion Awareness & Management Program (HCAMP): Impact. Hawai’i Journal of Medicine & Public Health. In press.
- Peterson AB, Kegler SR. Deaths from Fall-Related Traumatic Brain Injury — United States, 2008–2017. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2020;69:225–230.
- Piantino, J., et al. (2021) Link between mild traumatic brain injury, poor sleep, and MRI-visible perivascular spaces in Veterans. Journal of Neurotrauma.
- Saadi, A., Bannon, S., Watson, E., & Vranceanu, A. M. (2021). Racial and Ethnic Disparities Associated with Traumatic Brain Injury Across the Continuum of Care: a Narrative Review and Directions for Future Research. Journal of racial and ethnic health disparities, 10.1007/s40615-021-01017-4. Advance online publication.
TBI Medical Terminology
||A loss of memory. Amnesia can be caused by brain injury, shock, fatigue, repression, illness and sometimes anesthesia.
||Being able to apply abstract concepts to new situations and surroundings.
|Focal Brain Injury
||Damage confined to a small area of the brain. The focal damage is most often at the point where the head hits an object or where an object, such as a bullet, enters the brain.
||A collection of blood caused by the rupture or tearing of blood vessels.
||A science that combines the study of the brain’s structures and functions with psychological processes and human behaviors.
For more TBI medical terminology please visit Brainline’s Glossary of Brain Injury Terms.
- CDC – National Center for Injury Prevention and Control – Homepage. March 17, 2021.
- BIA USA – Challenges, Changes, and Choices: A Brain Injury Guide for Families and Caregivers. March 19, 2021.
- Brainline – Glossary of Brain Injury Terms. March 19, 2021.