Hearing Screening Before Age 1 Month
- Ensure all children under your care complete hearing screening before 1 month of age
- Obtain records of the screening status of all patients
- Confirm that children who do not pass the hearing screening are referred to a pediatric audiologist for a diagnostic evaluation
- Discuss the hearing screening result with families
What NHSP Can Do For You (808-733-9052)
- If your patient did not receive a newborn hearing screening and needs a referral, NHSP can assist you in making the referral for diagnostic testing.
- If you did not receive a newborn hearing screening result from the birthing hospital, NHSP can provide you with a copy of the result
- If you are unsure if a patient should be referred for further hearing screening or diagnostic testing, contact NHSP
More information on newborn hearing screening can be found at the National Center for Hearing Assessment and Management (NCHAM) website.