EARLY INTERVENTION SERVICES
If you are concerned about a child’s development or would like to make a referral, please call our Early Intervention information and referral line at 808-594-0066 for Oahu or 1-800-235-5477 for Neighbor Islands. To make a referral by fax, please download the EI referral form and instructions (Word) or (pdf).
Physical (sits, walks)
Cognitive (pay attention, solve problems)
Communication (talks, understand)
Social or emotional (plays with others, has confidence)
- Adaptive (eats, dresses self)
For a list of services that are provided, please click here.
All eligible children will have a care coordinator. The care coordinator assists the family in:
- Gathering information from families that includes needs, priorities, concerns, and daily activities;
- Having a child evaluated;
- Developing an Individualized Family Support Plan that identifies services and support to address the needs of the family and child;
- Linking the family to program and services;
- Providing family support; and
- Supporting transition from EIS at age 3 to the Department of Education Special Education Preschool, Head Start, or other community preschools.
Eligibility: A child is eligible for services if a child has a delay in development or is at-risk of developing a delay. For more information on eligibility, please click here.
Locations: Services are available on ALL islands through public and private Early Intervention programs.
- Early Childhood Services Program (ECSP)
- Lanakila ECSP
- Leeward ECSP
- Windward ECSP
- Easter Seals Hawai‘i (ESH) Early Intervention Program
- Central O‘ahu ESH
- East Sultan ESH
- Hilo ESH
- Kailua ESH
- Kapolei ESH
- Kaua‘i ESH
- Sultan ESH
- Family Support Services of West Hawai‘i Early Intervention Program
- Kona/Ka‘u Child Development Program
- North Hawai‘i Child Development Program
- Imua Family Services Early Intervention Program
- Kapi‘olani Medical Center Early Intervention Program
- Parent Child Development Center (PCDC) Early Intervention Program
- PCDC Wahiawa
- PCDC Wai‘anae
- PCDC Waipahu
- United Cerebral Palsy Early Intervention Program
No Cost: There is no cost to families and no income restrictions. Whenever possible, however, payments are accessed through Medicaid or private medical insurance with parental permission.