- “DDD’s 1st Tuesdays – Training Series” are 1-hour workshops that aim to focus on aspects that are both ‘Important To’ and ‘Important For’ a person. Staff and stakeholders will deepen their knowledge in the philosophical foundation of person-centered planning and information that improves a participant’s health and welfare.
- “NCI State of the Workforce Survey” is a webinar for PROVIDERS on the latest NCI data relating to Direct Support Professional (DSP) workforce serving the ID/DD population. Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 2:00 to 3:00 pm.
- Patient Notification: Staffing Shortage & Dental Care – October, 18, 2021
- Disability Information and Access Line – Help with COVID-19 vaccinations for people with disabilities (The Disability Information and Access Line can be reached between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET at 888-677-1199 or by emailing [email protected].)
- Process to Request a Replacement Vaccination Card – PDF Format (For individuals vaccinated in Hawaii
- NEW! Growing Family Resilience
- NEW! Hawaii ABLE Savings Program – November 5, 2021
Welcome to the Developmental Disabilities Division (DDD)
DDD serves people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD) to realize their POSSIBILITIES NOW! People with disabilities have a right to live and participate fully in the community throughout their lives, just like everyone. Support to families is an important part of the work we do.
Most of the services we provide are through a Medicaid 1915(c) Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waiver for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). The purpose of the Medicaid I/DD Waiver is to support participants to live in their homes and communities through services that promote each person’s self-determination, health, community integration, and safety. Read more about the Medicaid I/DD Waiver.