The Hawaii Department of Health is following CDC COVID-19 vaccine guidance. Updates will be posted to this page as they are available.
At this time, the Department of Health is focusing on vaccination of essential hospital workers and first responders, those in phase 1A.
Independent healthcare practices should complete this survey to provide information on their COVID-19 vaccination needs.
Providers will be notified of their specific points of access for vaccination through multiple communications channels. We will be communicating directly with those organizations that have filled out the independent practice survey circulated by the Department of Health. In addition, the Department of Health communications team will make public announcements through social and traditional media as well as postings on the Department of Health website providers page. For those who live and work on the neighbor islands, also watch for communications from your County District Health Offices.
- CDC Vaccines & Immunizations – Answering Patients’ Questions
- Understanding and Explaining mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines
- V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker – smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins to COVID-19 vaccine recipients
- Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)
- Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
- Vaccination Considerations for People who are Pregnant or Breastfeeding – HDOH is following CDC guidance on vaccinating those who are pregnant or breastfeeding. If pregnant or lactating people are part of a group that is recommended to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, they may choose to be vaccinated.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE COVID-19 VACCINE
Please call the Immunization Branch at (808) 586-8332 or 1-833-711-0645
Last Updated on 12/16/2020