Essential hospital workers and first responders, those in phase 1A, have been offered to be vaccinated. If you are part of phase 1A and have been missed in being vaccinated, please contact your employer.
Providers will be notified of their specific points of access for vaccination through multiple communications channels. We will be communicating directly with those organizations that have filled out the independent practice survey circulated by the Department of Health. In addition, the Department of Health communications team will make public announcements through social and traditional media as well as postings on the Department of Health website providers page. For those who live and work on the neighbor islands, also watch for communications from your County District Health Offices.
- CDC Vaccines & Immunizations – Answering Patients’ Questions
- Understanding and Explaining mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines
- V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker – smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins to COVID-19 vaccine recipients
- Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)
- Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
- Vaccination Considerations for People who are Pregnant or Breastfeeding – HDOH is following CDC guidance on vaccinating those who are pregnant or breastfeeding. If pregnant or lactating people are part of a group that is recommended to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, they may choose to be vaccinated.
Become a COVID-19 Vaccine Provider
- If you are a Healthcare facility or Primary Care Physician who would like to administer COIVD-19 vaccines to your patients, please complete the COVID-19 Provider Survey Form below.
- Interested providers who complete the survey form, will receive an email from the Department of Health’s Immunization Registry that will include three (3) attachments:
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Program Provider Agreement – a fillable PDF form
- General Instructions and Tips
- Creating your Digital Signature-ID Instructions
- Step-by-step video on how to fill out the COVID-19 Provider Agreement Form
- Find out the Process and Flow for Enrollment
- COVID-19 Vaccination Training Programs and Reference Materials for Healthcare Professionals
- FAQs for Providers of COVID-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 ACIP Vaccine Recommendations
- CDC Vaccine Finder
- CDC Vaccination Communication Toolkit
- Hawaii Department of Health Medical Advisories
- Hawaii COVID-19 Vaccination Plan
- HawaiiCOVID19.com Vaccine Website
Questions about the COVID-19 Vaccine
Please call the Immunization Branch at (808) 586-8332 or 1-833-711-0645.