Most people with COVID-19 have mild symptoms and can isolate at home
- Inform those who need to know, including your employer/school and any close contacts. See Summary Guidance for COVID-19 Cases and Contacts
- Do not go to work or school and do not use public transportation
- Stay in a separate room or area in your home and away from other people
- Use a separate bathroom, if possible
- See COVID-19 Home Care Guide
CALL AHEAD BEFORE SEEING A DOCTOR
- If you are at higher risk of complications from COVID-19 (e.g. elderly, those with underlying medical conditions), call your healthcare provider.
- If you are experiencing symptoms and think you may need medical care, call your healthcare provider and tell them that you may have COVID-19. This will help them take steps to keep other people from getting infected or exposed.