Strategic Planning and Coordination
EPO assists with Environmental Health Administration (EHA) strategic planning, development, communication, coordination, and implementation.
EHA’s various objectives, roles, plans, partners and milestones are incorporated into the Department of Health Strategic Plan and Strategy Map available at: https://health.hawaii.gov/opppd.
EPO strives to align EHA activities with the frameworks and visions set forth by our leaders and partners at the state and federal levels. Links to their strategic plans are provided below.
Environmental Health Administration (EHA): Guiding Strategic Plans
I. State of Hawaii, Administration of Governor David Y. Ige
A. Environment Plan, 2015-2019
- Direct the newly-created Pacific-Asia Institute for Resilience and Sustainability, to mitigate risks from natural and man-made hazards, as well as to develop solutions for sustainable economic growth and adaptive plans for climate change.
- Move for implementation of Department of Health rules that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Increase funding to control the damage by invasive species through prevention, control, and outreach activities. An immediate action will be to step up the inspection of baggage and cargo for invasive species.
- Provide funding to protect Hawaii’s watersheds to ensure a continuous supply of clean drinking water for all.
~B. Department of Health (DOH) Strategic Plan (http://health.hawaii.gov/opppd/)
~C. Environmental Health Administration (EHA) Long-Range Strategic Goals
|Greenhouse Gas Emissions 1990-2010 (MMTCO2Eq)*|
|Greenhouse Gas Emissions By Type||1990||2010||2020 Goal|
|Calendar Year||Total Wastewater Treated (MGD)*||Wastewater Reused (MGD)||Percentage Reused|
|Tons of Solid Waste Recycled|
II. Federal, U.S. Administrative Agencies and Departments
~A. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- EPA Strategic Plan, 2014-2018
- EPA Region 9 (Pacific Southwest) Strategic Plan, 2011-14
~B. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
“Hili hewa ka mana‘o ke ‘ole ke kūkākūkā.”
Discussion brings ideas together into a plan.
Environmental Planning Office
919 Ala Moana Blvd., Room 312
Honolulu, HI 96814
Phone: (808) 586-4337
Last update: 9/30/2016