Clean Water State Revolving Fund Program
The federal Water Quality Act of 1987 (the Act) created the State Revolving Fund Loan Program (commonly known as the SRF). The Act authorized low interest loans for the construction of publicly owned wastewater treatment works (POTWs), for implementation of a nonpoint source (NPS) pollution control management program, and for implementation of an estuary conservation and management program. In 1988, the Hawaii State Legislature passed Act 365 establishing a State Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund to receive the federal capitalization grant. This Act was later superseded by HRS Chapter 342D-Part V.
The Clean Water SRF (CWSRF) Program assists in financing the construction of water pollution control projects necessary to prevent contamination of our groundwater and coastal water resources and to protect and promote the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the State of Hawaii. The CWSRF Program provides low interest loans to county and state agencies to construct point source and nonpoint source water pollution control projects.
If you are a state or county agency wanting more program information, contact us at (808) 586-4294.
Downloads are in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or MS Word (.doc) formats unless otherwise specified.
STATE OF HAWAII
NOTICE OF PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND INPUT ON THE PROPOSED
WATER POLLUTION CONTROL REVOLVING FUND
INTENDED USE PLAN FOR STATE FISCAL YEAR (SFY) 2021
AND FEDERAL FISCAL YEAR (FFY) 2020 APPROPRIATION
(DOCKET NO. 20-WW-SRF-01)
Pursuant to Chapters 342 and 91, Hawaii Revised Statutes, Section 101(e) of Public Law 92-500 and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Regulations, 40 CFR 35.2015, notice is hereby given that a 30-day public comment period is being initiated to allow public participation and input on the proposed Intended Use Plan (IUP) for SFY 2021 and the FFY 2020 appropriation.
The EPA grants monies to the State of Hawaii annually to construct wastewater pollution control facilities. During FFY 2020, approximately $12.3 million will be allocated to the State of Hawaii. In order to utilize the state revolving funds, proposed projects must be prioritized and listed on the Project Priority List for SFY 2021. The IUP also includes the implementation schedule for the projects proposed to receive loans from the State Revolving Fund during SFY 2021.
Information on the proposed IUP or a copy thereof may be obtained from the website at: https://health.hawaii.gov/wastewater/home/cwsrf/ or by calling or writing to the Oahu Wastewater Branch at the address shown below.
All comments on the IUP and any request for a public hearing must be made in writing, addressed to the Oahu Wastewater Branch, and postmarked or received by May 14, 2020. The public comment period starts on April 14, 2020 and will end on May 14, 2020.
Upon request, a public hearing may be scheduled for any county. If public hearings are deemed appropriate, a second public notice will be published with the scheduled date, time, and location of the hearings. If, due to disability, special needs are required to comment on the IUP, please contact the Oahu Wastewater Branch, shown below by May 14, 2020.
Department of Health
2827 Waimano Home Road, Room 207 Pearl City, HI 96782
Contact: Chane Hayashida
PUBLIC NOTICE – HAWAII DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH, STATE REVOLVING FUND LOAN PROGRAM, ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT WITH RECORD OF DECISION FOR THE HONOULIULI WWTP SECONDARY TREATMENT PHASE 1A AND 1B PROJECTS, CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU, DOCKET NO. 19-WW-SRF-02
Davis-Bacon 2017 Handbook
CWSRF Eligibilities and Financing Options
- Overview of CWSRF Eligibilities
- Financing Options for Nontraditional Eligibilities in the CWSRF Programs
State of Hawaii CWSRF Affordability Criteria
- State of Hawaii CWSRF Affordability Criteria |.pdf |
Intended Use Plan
- Intended Use Plan for SFY 2020 | .pdf |
- Intended Use Plan for SFY 2019 Amendment 1| .pdf |
- Intended Use Plan for SFY 2019 |.pdf |
- Intended Use Plan for SFY 2018 Amendment 3 |.pdf |
- Amendment 3 to State Fiscal Year 2017 Intended Use Plan |.pdf|
- Project Priority System (ranking proposed projects) | .pdf |
- Proposed Project for SRF Funding Form | .doc | .pdf |
Loan Application, Boilerplates, and SRF Applicant Manual
- Loan Application |.doc |.pdf |
- Federal Requirements for Loan Applicants & Contract Boilerplates |.pdf |
- SRF Applicant Manual (Revised March 2017) |.pdf |
State Environmental Review Process (SERP)
- Hawaii SERP |.pdf |
Environmental Review Forms
- Exemption Declaration and Environmental Assessment Review Checklist |.pdf |
- Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Review Checklist |.pdf |
- 5700-52a MBE/WBE Utilization Under Federal Grants, Cooperative Agreements, and Interagency Agreements | .pdf |
- 1445 Labor Standards Interview | .pdf |
- WH-347 DBRA Certified Payroll Form | .pdf |
Energy and Water Efficiency
- Promoting Energy & Water Efficiency in Hawaii Wastewater Facilities |.pdf |
Phone: (808) 586-4294
Fax: (808) 586-4300
Environmental Management Division
Hawaii State Department of Health
919 Ala Moana Blvd., Room 309
Honolulu, HI 96814-4920