FAMILY HEALTH SERVICES
The Family Health Services Division (FHSD) is charged with protecting, promoting and improving the health and well-being of all women, infants, children, adolescents and their families in Hawaii, especially vulnerable populations. The division supports a broad array of programs administered through its division staff, neighbor island staff and three branches.
Hawaii Family Health Services Division
Kauai contact number: Phone: (808) 241-3428
• Office of Primary Care and Rural Health
• Early Childhood Coordinating System – child obesity, early childhood development, fetal alcohol spectrum disorder
• Oral Health planning, surveillance and prevention For more information:
Maternal Child Health (MCH)
• Hawaii Maternal and Child Health Branch (MCHB)
• Through mobilization of community partnerships and coalitions work to:
o Reduce and prevent family violence, unintended pregnancy, and tobacco, drug and alcohol addiction.
o Improved oral health, better access to perinatal services, and improved assessment and surveillance of maternal and child populations.
• Contact Phone: (808) 241-3427
Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
• Hawaii Women, Infants and Children Branch (WIC)
• Federally funded Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, and children under the age of 5
• Contact Phone: (808) 241-3080
Children with Special Health Needs Program (CSHNP)
• Hawaii Children with Special Health Needs Branch
• Information and referral, outreach, social work and care coordination to improve access to medical services for eligible children age 0-21 years with special health needs who have or may have long term or chronic physical conditions
• Contact Phone: (808) 241-3376
Early Intervention Program (EIS)
• Hawaii Early Intervention Section
• Federal and state-mandated program that provides services to support the development of infant and toddlers from birth to three years of age.
• Children are eligible for services if they have a delay in any of the areas of development or are at-risk for delays due to a biological condition.
• Contact Phone: (808) 245-7141