§16-85-54 Certification application
(a) There shall be two classes of emergency medical service personnel: EMT-B and EMT-P.
(b) An application for certification shall be made under oath on a form to be provided by the board and shall require the applicant
(1) For EMT-B certification:
(A) The appropriate fees including the application fee which shall not be refunded;
(B) The applicant’s full name;
(C) Evidence of completion of an EMT-Basic course of training which equals or exceeds the curriculum listed in
(D) Evidence of passage of the National Registry Emergency Medical Technicians (National Registry) EMT-
(E) Evidence of current certification from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians;
(F) Information regarding any conviction of any crime which has not been annulled or expunged; and
(G) If applicable, evidence of any certifications held or once held in other jurisdictions indicating the status of the
certification and documenting any disciplinary action;
(H) Any other information the board may require to investigate the applicant’s qualifications for certification.
(2) For EMT-P certification:
(A) All items listed in subparagraphs (1) (A), (B), (E), (F), (G) and (H);
(B) Evidence of completion of an EMT-Paramedic course of training which equals or exceeds the curriculum listed in
section 16-85-56; and
(C) Evidence of passage of the National Registry’s EMT-Paramedic examination.
- (c) An application for temporary certification shall be made under oath on a form to be provided by the board and shall require the
applicant to provide:
(1) All items listed in subparagraphs (1) (A), (B), and (H);
(2) Evidence of completion of the appropriate training program within the past twelve months from the date of application;
(3) The name of the applicant’s employer for whom the applicant will be performing services; and
(4) Application to take the first available examination after the date of application. Temporary certification may be issued
only once to an applicant.
- (d) It shall be the applicant’s responsibility to furnish any information requested by the board. In the event of any change of
information provided, the board shall be notified within thirty days of any change.
- (e) Every application and all references shall be signed by the applicant or the person attesting to the applicant’s education,
experience, and reputation.
- [Eff 12/17/82; am and comp 7/27/87; comp 10/28/89; comp 8/25/90; am and comp DEC 22 1997 ]
(Auth: HRS §453-33) (Imp: HRS §§453-33, 453-32.5)