During a disaster it is crucial that you listen to radio or television broadcasts, stay indoors, and remain safe. Listen for instructions about where to go or what to do. Don’t venture out unless instructed and do not clog phone lines unnecessarily.
Be prepared to shelter in place—at home, school, or work—or, if necessary, go to an approved shelter. For more details on sheltering in place or at home or school, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
State and County Resources
- Hawaii State Department of Health (DOH)
- Hawaii Emergency Management Agency (HI-EMA)
- DOH on Twitter
- DOH Disease Outbreak Control Division (DOCD) on Facebook
- Honolulu City & County Department of Emergency Management (DEM)
- Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency
- Kauai (County) Emergency Management Agency
- Maui County Emergency Management Agency
Get information on this topic in other languages:
Hawaii, Are YOU Ready? Stay Informed.
Last reviewed February 2018