Clean Water State Revolving Fund Program
The federal Water Quality Act of 1987 (the Act) created the State Revolving Fund Loan Program (commonly known as the SRF). The Act authorized low interest loans for the construction of publicly owned wastewater treatment works (POTWs), for implementation of a nonpoint source (NPS) pollution control management program, and for implementation of an estuary conservation and management program. In 1988, the Hawaii State Legislature passed Act 365 establishing a State Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund to receive the federal capitalization grant. This Act was later superseded by HRS Chapter 342D-Part V.
The Clean Water SRF (CWSRF) Program assists in financing the construction of water pollution control projects necessary to prevent contamination of our groundwater and coastal water resources and to protect and promote the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the State of Hawaii. The CWSRF Program provides low interest loans to county and state agencies to construct point source and nonpoint source water pollution control projects.
If you are a state or county agency wanting more program information, contact us at (808) 586-4294.
Downloads are in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or MS Word (.doc) formats unless otherwise specified.
STATE OF HAWAII
NOTICE OF PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND INPUT ON THE PROPOSED
WATER POLLUTION CONTROL REVOLVING FUND
PROPOSED AMENDMENT 1 TO
INTENDED USE PLAN FOR STATE FISCAL YEAR (SFY) 2017
AND FEDERAL FISCAL YEAR (FFY) 2016 APPROPRIATION
Pursuant to Chapters 342 and 91, Hawaii Revised Statutes, Section 101(e) of Public Law 92-500 and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Regulations, 40 CFR 35.2015, notice is hereby given that a 30-day public comment period is being initiated to allow public participation and input on the proposed Amendment 1 to Intended Use Plan (IUP) for SFY 2017 and the FFY 2016 appropriation.
Amendment 1 includes requirements of the Cost and Effectiveness Analysis and Affordability Criteria by the Water Resources Reform and Development Act of 2014 amendments, and signage requirement in accordance with the EPA’s Guidelines for Enhancing Public Awareness of SRF Assistance Agreements dated June 3, 2015. The IUP for SFY 2017 has been also amended to increase from $150,000 to $315,000 of EPA in-kind services to the budget. Northbridge Environmental Management Consultants will be retained to develop the FOCUS cash flow model, and assist with the implementation of the Management Study recommendations and Loans & Grants Tracking System. Additionally, the IUP for SFY 2017 has also been amended to add two new projects on the Project Priority List: 1) Central Maui Landfill (CML) Phase V Gas Collection System Expansion ($2,500,000), and 2) Pua Force Main Installation and Rehabilitation ($16,100,000).
The EPA grants monies to the State of Hawaii annually to construct wastewater pollution control facilities. During FFY 2016, approximately $10.3 million will be allocated to the State of Hawaii. In order to utilize the state revolving funds, proposed projects must be prioritized and listed on the Project Priority List for SFY 2017. The IUP also includes the implementation schedule for the projects proposed to receive loans from the State Revolving Fund during SFY 2017.
Information on the proposed Amendment 1 for the SFY 2017 IUP or a copy thereof may be obtained from the website at: http://health.hawaii.gov/wastewater/home/cwsrf/ or by calling or writing to the Oahu Wastewater Branch at the address shown below. The IUP is also available for public inspection during regular office hours, Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from June 13, 2016 to July 12, 2016 at the location listed below.
All comments on Amendment 1 for the SFY 2017 IUP and any request for a public hearing must be made in writing, addressed to the Oahu Wastewater Branch, and postmarked or received by July 12, 2016. Upon request, a public hearing may be scheduled for any county. If public hearings are deemed appropriate, a second public notice will be published with the scheduled date, time, and location of the hearings.
If, due to disability, special needs are required to comment on the IUP, please contact the Oahu Wastewater Branch, shown below by July 12, 2016.
Department of Health
919 Ala Moana Blvd. #309
Honolulu, HI 96814
Phone: (808) 586-4294
Contact: Sue Liu
Amendment 1 to State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2017 IUP |.pdf|
State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2017 IUP |.pdf|
State of Hawaii CWSRF Affordability Criteria
- State of Hawaii CWSRF Affordability Criteria |.pdf |
Intended Use Plan
- Amendment 3 IUP for State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2016 | .pdf |
- Amendment 2 IUP for State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2016 | .pdf |
- Amendment 1 IUP for State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2016 | .pdf |
- IUP for State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2016 | .pdf |
- Amendment 2 to IUP for SFY 2015 | .pdf |
- State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2017 Project Priority List | .pdf |
- State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2016 Project Priority List | .pdf |
- Project Priority System (ranking proposed projects) | .pdf |
- Proposed Project for SRF Funding Form | .doc | .pdf |
Loan Application, Boilerplates, and SRF Applicant Manual
- Loan Application |.doc |.pdf |
- Federal Requirements for Loan Applicants & Contract Boilerplates |.pdf |
- Davis-Bacon information for contract boilerplates | .doc |
- SRF Applicant Manual |.pdf |
Environmental Assessment Forms
- Environmental Assessment Documents Criteria |.pdf |
- Environmental Assessment Checklist |.doc |.pdf |
- Exempt Project Certification |.doc |.pdf |
- 4700-4 Preaward Compliance Review Report for All Applicants Requesting Federal Assistance |.pdf |
- 5700-52a MBE/WBE Utilization Under Federal Grants, Cooperative Agreements, and Interagency Agreements | .pdf |
- 1445 Labor Standards Interview | .pdf |
Energy and Water Efficiency
- Promoting Energy & Water Efficiency in Hawaii Wastewater Facilities |.pdf |
Phone: (808) 586-4294
Fax: (808) 586-4300
Environmental Management Division
Hawaii State Department of Health
919 Ala Moana Blvd., Room 309
Honolulu, HI 96814-4920