Clean Water State Revolving Fund Program
The federal Water Quality Act of 1987 (the Act) created the State Revolving Fund Loan Program (commonly known as the SRF). The Act authorized low interest loans for the construction of publicly owned wastewater treatment works (POTWs), for implementation of a nonpoint source (NPS) pollution control management program, and for implementation of an estuary conservation and management program. In 1988, the Hawaii State Legislature passed Act 365 establishing a State Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund to receive the federal capitalization grant. This Act was later superseded by HRS Chapter 342D-Part V.
The Clean Water SRF (CWSRF) Program assists in financing the construction of water pollution control projects necessary to prevent contamination of our groundwater and coastal water resources and to protect and promote the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the State of Hawaii. The CWSRF Program provides low interest loans to county and state agencies to construct point source and nonpoint source water pollution control projects.
If you are a state or county agency wanting more program information, contact us at (808) 586-4294.
Downloads are in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or MS Word (.doc) formats unless otherwise specified.
If an “Enter Network Password” pop-up window appears when downloading a file, click the cancel button and the file should open. If the file doesn’t open, right click on the link for the file you are trying to download and select “Save Target As” to save the file to your local drive.
Clean Water State Revolving Fund Updates
Proposed Intended Use Plan (IUP) for SFY 2016
Each year, the EPA provides a grant to the State of Hawaii to construct wastewater pollution control facilities. For FFY 2015, approximately $10.9 million will be allocated to Hawaii. In order to obtain and use these funds, an IUP must be submitted to EPA. Projects proposed for funding must be prioritized and listed on the Project Priority List for SFY 2016 (included in the IUP) along with estimated project start date and cost. The proposed IUP is available for public review and comment from February 18, 2015 to March 19, 2015. Copies of the Public Notice and proposed IUP for SFY 16 are provided below:
Please contact the Wastewater Branch at 586-4294 for questions regarding the Intended Use Plan.
Clean Water State Revolving Fund Brochure
- CWSRF Brochure | .pdf |
Intended Use Plan
- Amendment 2 to IUP for State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2015 | .pdf |
- Amendment 1 to IUP for SFY 2014 (previous fiscal year) | .pdf |
- State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2015 Project Priority List | .pdf |
- Project Priority System (ranking proposed projects) | .pdf |
- Proposed Project for SRF Funding Form | .doc | .pdf |
Loan Application, Boilerplates, and SRF Applicant Manual
- Loan Application |.doc |.pdf |
- Federal Requirements for Loan Applicants & Contract Boilerplates |.pdf |
- Davis-Bacon information for contract boilerplates | .doc |
- SRF Applicant Manual |.pdf |
Environmental Assessment Forms
- Environmental Assessment Documents Criteria |.pdf |
- Environmental Assessment Checklist |.doc |.pdf |
- Exempt Project Certification |.doc |.pdf |
- 4700-4 Preaward Compliance Review Report for All Applicants Requesting Federal Assistance |.pdf |
- 5700-52a MBE/WBE Utilization Under Federal Grants, Cooperative Agreements, and Interagency Agreements | .pdf |
- 1445 Labor Standards Interview | .pdf |
- 6100-04 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program – DBE Subcontractor Utilization Form | .pdf |
- 6100-03 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program – DBE Subcontractor Performance Form |.pdf |
- 6100-02 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program – DBE Subcontractor Participation Form |.pdf |
Energy and Water Efficiency
- Promoting Energy & Water Efficiency in Hawaii Wastewater Facilities |.pdf |
Phone: (808) 586-4294
Fax: (808) 586-4300
Environmental Management Division
Hawaii State Department of Health
919 Ala Moana Blvd., Room 309
Honolulu, HI 96814-4920