Clean Water State Revolving Fund Program
The federal Water Quality Act of 1987 (the Act) created the State Revolving Fund Loan Program (commonly known as the SRF). The Act authorized low interest loans for the construction of publicly owned wastewater treatment works (POTWs), for implementation of a nonpoint source (NPS) pollution control management program, and for implementation of an estuary conservation and management program. In 1988, the Hawaii State Legislature passed Act 365 establishing a State Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund to receive the federal capitalization grant. This Act was later superseded by HRS Chapter 342D-Part V.
The Clean Water SRF (CWSRF) Program assists in financing the construction of water pollution control projects necessary to prevent contamination of our groundwater and coastal water resources and to protect and promote the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the State of Hawaii. The CWSRF Program provides low interest loans to county and state agencies to construct point source and nonpoint source water pollution control projects.
If you are a state or county agency wanting more program information, contact us at (808) 586-4294.
Downloads are in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or MS Word (.doc) formats unless otherwise specified.
If an “Enter Network Password” pop-up window appears when downloading a file, click the cancel button and the file should open. If the file doesn’t open, right click on the link for the file you are trying to download and select “Save Target As” to save the file to your local drive.
Amendment 1 to the Intended Use Plan (IUP) for SFY 2014
Section 1511 Certification
With respect to covered funds made available to State or local governments for infrastructure investments, the Governor, mayor, or other chief executive, as appropriate, shall certify that the infrastructure investment has received the full review and vetting required by law and that the chief executive accepts responsibility that the infrastructure investment is an appropriate use of taxpayer dollars. Such certification shall include a description of the investment, the estimated total cost, and the amount of covered funds to be used, and shall be posted on a website and linked to the website established by Section 1526. A State or local agency may not receive infrastructure investment funding from funds made available in this Act unless this certification is made and posted.
The 1511 Certification cover water and wastewater infrastructure investments financed through the State of Hawaii Clean Water State Revolving Fund and State of Hawaii Drinking Water State Revolving Fund.
Click here for the Section 1511 Certification.
Clean Water State Revolving Fund Brochure
- CWSRF Brochure | .pdf |
Loan Application, Boilerplates, and SRF Applicant Manual
- Loan Application | .doc | .pdf |
- Federal Requirements for Loan Applicants & Contract Boilerplates | .pdf |
- Davis-Bacon information for contract boilerplates | .doc |
- SRF Applicant Manual | .pdf |
Environmental Assessment Forms
- Environmental Assessment Documents Criteria | .pdf |
- Environmental Assessment Checklist | .doc | .pdf |
- Exempt Project Certification | .doc | .pdf |
- 4700-4 Preaward Compliance Review Report for All Applicants Requesting Federal Assistance | .doc | .pdf |
- 5700-52a MBE/WBE Utilization Under Federal Grants, Cooperative Agreements, and Interagency Agreements | .pdf |
- 1445 Labor Standards Interview | .pdf |
- 6100-04 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program – DBE Subcontractor Utilization Form | .pdf |
- 6100-03 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program – DBE Subcontractor Performance Form |.pdf |
- 6100-02 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program – DBE Subcontractor Participation Form |.pdf |
Intended Use Plan
- Amendment 1 to the Intended Use Plan for SFY 2014 | .pdf |
- State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2014 Integrated Priority List of Projects | .pdf |
- Project Priority System (ranking proposed projects) | .pdf |
- Proposed Project for SRF Funding Form | .doc | .pdf |
Energy and Water Efficiency
- Promoting Energy & Water Efficiency in Hawaii Wastewater Facilities | .pdf |
Phone: (808) 586-4294
Fax: (808) 586-4300
Environmental Management Division
Hawaii State Department of Health
919 Ala Moana Blvd., Room 309
Honolulu, HI 96814-4920