Clean Water State Revolving Fund Program
The federal Water Quality Act of 1987 (the Act) created the State Revolving Fund Loan Program (commonly known as the SRF). The Act authorized low interest loans for the construction of publicly owned wastewater treatment works (POTWs), for implementation of a nonpoint source (NPS) pollution control management program, and for implementation of an estuary conservation and management program. In 1988, the Hawaii State Legislature passed Act 365 establishing a State Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund to receive the federal capitalization grant. This Act was later superseded by HRS Chapter 342D-Part V.
The Clean Water SRF (CWSRF) Program assists in financing the construction of water pollution control projects necessary to prevent contamination of our groundwater and coastal water resources and to protect and promote the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the State of Hawaii. The CWSRF Program provides low interest loans to county and state agencies to construct point source and nonpoint source water pollution control projects.
If you are a state or county agency wanting more program information, contact us at (808) 586-4294.
Downloads are in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or MS Word (.doc) formats unless otherwise specified.
If an “Enter Network Password” pop-up window appears when downloading a file, click the cancel button and the file should open. If the file doesn’t open, right click on the link for the file you are trying to download and select “Save Target As” to save the file to your local drive.
Pursuant to Chapters 342 and 91, Hawaii Revised Statutes, Section 101(e) of Public Law 92-500 and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Regulations, 40 CFR 35.2015, notice is hereby given that a 30-day public comment period is being initiated to allow public participation and comment on the proposed Amendment 3 to the Intended Use Plan for SFY 2016 and FFY 2015 Appropriation.
Amendment 3 adds the “Gas Collection & Control System for Kekaha Landfill” and “Kulanihakoi Street Recycled Water Line Extention” projects to the Integrated Priority List of Projects contained in Appendix A of the SFY 2016 Intended Use Plan. The projects meet Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund (WPCRF) eligibility requirements of Section 212 of the Federal Clean Water Act and will not adversely impact other WPCRF projects with loans expected to be finalized in SFY 2016.
Information on the proposed Amendment 3 or a copy thereof may be obtained by calling or writing to the Oahu Wastewater Branch shown below. Amendment 3 is also available for public inspection during regular office hours, Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from October 26, 2015 to November 25, 2015 at the location listed below.
All comments on Amendment 3 and any request for a public hearing must be made in writing, addressed to the Oahu Wastewater Branch, and postmarked or received by November 25, 2015. Upon receiving a request for a public hearing, a second public notice will be issued to indicate the scheduled date, time, and location of the hearing.
For more information or if you have special needs due to disability that will aid you in inspecting and/or commenting on the public notice and related information, please contact Ms. Sue Liu at the below address or (808) 586-4294 (Voice) at least seven (7) calendar days before the comment deadline. For those who use a TTY/TDD, please call Sprint Relay Hawaii at 1-711 or 1-877-447-5991.
Department of Health,
919 Ala Moana Blvd., Rm. 309
Honolulu, HI 96814
Telephone: (808) 586-4294
Contact: Sue Liu
Draft Amendment 3 IUP for State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2016 | .pdf|
State of Hawaii CWSRF Affordability Criteria
- State of Hawaii CWSRF Affordability Criteria |.pdf |
Intended Use Plan
- Amendment 2 IUP for State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2016 | .pdf |
- Amendment 1 IUP for State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2016 | .pdf |
- IUP for State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2016 | .pdf |
- Amendment 2 to IUP for SFY 2015 | .pdf |
- State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2016 Project Priority List | .pdf |
- Project Priority System (ranking proposed projects) | .pdf |
- Proposed Project for SRF Funding Form | .doc | .pdf |
Loan Application, Boilerplates, and SRF Applicant Manual
- Loan Application |.doc |.pdf |
- Federal Requirements for Loan Applicants & Contract Boilerplates |.pdf |
- Davis-Bacon information for contract boilerplates | .doc |
- SRF Applicant Manual |.pdf |
Environmental Assessment Forms
- Environmental Assessment Documents Criteria |.pdf |
- Environmental Assessment Checklist |.doc |.pdf |
- Exempt Project Certification |.doc |.pdf |
- 4700-4 Preaward Compliance Review Report for All Applicants Requesting Federal Assistance |.pdf |
- 5700-52a MBE/WBE Utilization Under Federal Grants, Cooperative Agreements, and Interagency Agreements | .pdf |
- 1445 Labor Standards Interview | .pdf |
- 6100-04 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program – DBE Subcontractor Utilization Form | .pdf |
- 6100-03 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program – DBE Subcontractor Performance Form |.pdf |
- 6100-02 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program – DBE Subcontractor Participation Form |.pdf |
Energy and Water Efficiency
- Promoting Energy & Water Efficiency in Hawaii Wastewater Facilities |.pdf |
Phone: (808) 586-4294
Fax: (808) 586-4300
Environmental Management Division
Hawaii State Department of Health
919 Ala Moana Blvd., Room 309
Honolulu, HI 96814-4920