Welcome to the Office of Health Status Monitoring
Vital Records Homepage
Aloha and Welcome!
Make your selection below:
ATTENTION: FOR FAMILIES IMPACTED BY THE MAUI WILDFIRES
For individuals impacted by the Maui Wildfires who need replacement vital records, an order may be placed online at https://vitrec.ehawaii.gov. A relative may make the order on behalf of the person needing the replacement by uploading a copy of their own government identification (ID) (if born in Hawaii) to establish a relationship to the impacted individual. If not born in Hawaii, additional documents may need to be shown to verify the relationship. Permitted relatives can include a grandparent, parent, child, sibling, aunt, uncle, or cousin.
The fee for an affected individual’s first copy of a birth and marriage certificate will be waived with a FEMA disaster assistance ID Number and/or a Lahaina residential address. Death certificates are also included. With regard to the issuance of death certificates (those who died) as a result of the Maui Wildfires, the Department of Health will cover the cost of five (5) copies to one eligible requestor only.
For more information please call the Maui Vital Records hotline at (808) 586-4602 Monday through Friday from 7:45 AM – 4:30 PM or email us at DOH.MauiVR@doh.hawaii.gov
Oahu Office Hours for the Vital Records Office
- Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday (excluding State holidays). Closed on Tuesday and Thursday (effective week of August 8, 2022).
- Hours: 7:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Appointments are encouraged, however walk in service is available between appointments.
- Days and Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Closed on Tuesday and Thursday)
- Location: 1250 Punchbowl Street, Room 103 (1st floor) at the main Hawaii Department of Health building (corner of Beretania and Punchbowl Streets)
- Parking: Metered parking is available in front of the building with entry from Punchbowl Street. Fees (subject to change) currently $2 per hour, payable by cash or credit card.
- Marriage License Office open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Correction and Registration Office open Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- All other Department of Health offices Remain Open, Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Call or email us.
- For birth, marriage or civil union, death, and divorce certificates and to check on the status of an order, call (808) 586-4539 or email [email protected].
- For neighbor islands, contact your local District Health Office. Online orders are accessible statewide.