IMPORTANT: We are experiencing a high volume of mail-in forms without a copy of a government-issued photo identification (ID) of the requestor and without proper payment. When mailing in a request for a birth, marriage or civil union, death, or divorce certificate, please enclose a copy of a government-issued ID (i.e. driver license, state ID, or passport) of the requestor and bank cashier check or money order payable to the Hawaii Department of Health. No cash or personal checks are accepted. Mahalo!
Welcome to the Office of Health Status Monitoring
Vital Records Homepage
Aloha and Welcome!
Make your selection below:
Oahu Office Hours for the Vital Records Office * Please make an Appointment!
- Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday (excluding State holidays). Closed on Tuesday and Thursday (effective week of August 8, 2022).
- Hours: 7:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED. Walk-in service is available between appointments, as time permits.
- Days and Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Closed on Tuesday and Thursday)
- Location: 1250 Punchbowl Street, Room 103 (1st floor) at the main Hawaii Department of Health building (corner of Beretania and Punchbowl Streets)
- Parking: Metered parking is available in front of the building with entry from Punchbowl Street. Fees (subject to change) currently $2 per hour, payable by cash or credit card.
- Marriage License Office open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Correction and Registration Office open Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- All other Department of Health offices Remain Open, Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Call or email us.
- For birth, marriage or civil union, death, and divorce certificates and to check on the status of an order, call (808) 586-4539 or email [email protected].
- For neighbor islands, contact your local District Health Office. Online orders are accessible statewide.