TB TESTING LOCATIONS & TIMES
STATEWIDE TB SKIN TEST (TST)
SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
RESUMES WITH MODIFICATION TO OFFICE PROCEDURES
DUE TO COVID-19 (see below):
CLINIC SITE & ADDRESS (Primary TB Testing & Screening Location on O‘ahu) :
Lanakila Health Center NO APPOINTMENT REQUIRED, WALK-INS ARE ACCEPTED.
1700 Lanakila Avenue, Ground Floor
(Main Entrance faces Oceanside of Building)
Honolulu, HI 96817
Contact number: 832-5731
Individuals seeking TB Clearance are required, due to COVID-19, upon entry to Office/ Clinic area:
- Face Masks are to be worn at all times.
- Only 8 people in the service/clinic lobby area at all times, we ask that you wait outside until it’s your turn. If you are waiting for someone, please wait in your vehicle until person has completed business in Office/Clinic since office space is limited.
- To keep 6 feet social distancing, between you and the next individual.
- Only individuals seeking TB Clearance will be allowed in unless accompanying:
- A disabled
- A senior needing assistance
- A guardian for a minor seeking TB clearance
- A interpreter to assist individual seeking services and written and verbal communication is difficult or English is not their first language.
SCREENING HOURS AND TEST DAYS are given: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 7:45am – 3:30pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00-2:30 pm, priority for testing will be given to accommodate Kupuna’s (Senior citizens) and healthcare workers before other clearance categories.
On days that we experience a high volume of clients arriving near closing time, we may not be able to serve everyone. You need to be in line for testing, reading, or chest x-ray before our posted closing time in order to be served. Remaining clients will be asked to return on the next working day. We highly recommend that you come well in advance of the posted closing times to ensure service. For chest x-ray services, please call 832-5731 to ensure that we’re open.
To encourage social distancing, the TB program has developed an electronic process to request your TB clearance Statewide.
Send in your TB request using the e-mail address provided below:
Send e-mail to: [email protected]
In your e-mail message include the following information:
- Your Name(s) (first name, last name, (aka, your maiden name) of individuals seeking TB clearance
- Indicate relationship: (for example, self, children (0-17 years of age), senior parent due to long-term care placement).
- Primary phone number: (needs to be a number we can reach you during the day)
- Date of Birth
- Reason TB clearance is needed
A response will be made within one business day either by phone or by e-mail. Upon telephone interview with you, we will determine whether we will be able to process your TB clearance electronically or if you need to be seen in office.
NOTICE: There has been operational changes to Public Health Nursing Offices Statewide for TB Testing procedures due COVID-19 (see below).
The Public Health Nursing (PHN) Offices Statewide
Only conducting TB clearances by scheduled appointments
Calls can be made during business hours: 7:45am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday, except for holidays.
Oahu- Public Health Nurses
- Central Oahu (Pearl City) 453-6190
- East Honolulu 733-9220
- Leeward Oahu (Waipahu) 675-0073
- Windward Oahu (Kaneohe) 233-5450
- Hilo: 974-6025
- Kailua-Kona 322-1500
- Waimea 887-8116 or 887-8117
Maui and Lanai 984-8260
TO VIEW A PDF of PUBLIC HEALTH NURSING OFFICES ADDRESSES AND CONTACT PHONE NUMBERS STATEWIDE TO SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS: click link: TST-Clinic-Schedule 06.25.21