Home Page for the Food Safety Branch
FOOD SAFETY BRANCH
“We protect and promote the health and well-being of Hawaii’s residents and visitors. We accomplish this with professionalism, integrity and fairness through education and regulation in the areas of food safety, disease prevention, community sanitation and emergency response.”
NEWS AND UPDATES:
- ***UPDATE 03/21/22*** In-person food handler certification classes will resume for Oahu starting on March 30th. Since the mask mandate will end on March 26th, mask use in the classroom will be OPTIONAL. For those not comfortable with in-person classes, ANSI-accredited online courses offered by other organizations are available here (Fees may apply).
- ***UPDATE 12/01/20*** We are currently issuing Special Event Permits. No credits or transfers will be issued for Special Event Permits linked to events cancelled due to COVID-19. Operations at the Food Safety Branch may still be at a slightly reduced capacity during this COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition, all Kauai, Maui and Big Island classes will now be offered online only via Zoom starting from December 2nd. A working webcam is required for these online classes, and they are currently limited to neighbor island residents only (If you do not have access to a computer/tablet with a working webcam, please contact Kyla Arruda at (808)825-1774 or [email protected] to discuss possible alternative arrangements). ANSI-accredited online courses offered by other organizations are available here (Fees may apply).
We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Mahalo for your interest and kokua in helping us end this pandemic sooner rather than later.
Click on “Food Safety Education” on the menu bar above for information and to view the schedule for your island of interest.
- The holiday season is upon us — give good tidings and cheer and not a case of a foodborne illness! Click on the following link for some tips on serving safe food:
- Amendments to Chapter 11-50 will be effective on September 2, 2017. The amended rules will affect all food establishments statewide.
- Inspection reports available ONLINE! Consumers can see how Hawaii restaurants fare in food safety inspection.
- OAHU office has moved!
Oahu office is now located at: 99-945 Halawa Valley Street, Aiea, HI 96701 (same road entrance as Animal Quarantine)
Click here to see map link: Map to Halawa Office
New Food Regulations for Restaurants and other Food Establishments: