State TB Requirements
SUMMARY OF STATE TB CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
In accordance with Chapter 164.2 of Title 11, Hawaii Administrative Rules (HAR) for Tuberculosis 11-164.2-2 this is requirement for the categories of people listed on the tables for TB Clearance.
Here are the State of Hawaii Department of Health TB testing locations TST Clinic Schedule 10.11.17 (click to view the list of locations).
TST= Tuberculin skin test CXR = chest X-ray
SUMMARY OF HAWAII ADMINISTRATIVE RULES 11-164.2
Table 1 STUDENTS: K-12, PRESCHOOL (DOE-AFFLIATED) POST-SECONDARY
Table 2 FOODHANDLER, SCHOOL PERSONNEL: K-12, POST-SECONDARY
Table 3 CHILD CARE FACILITY ATTENDANCE, CHILD CARE FACILITY PERSONNEL
Table 4 FOSTER FAMILY HOME FOR CHILDREN, SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS
Table 5 INITIAL AND ANNUAL EVALUATION FOR PERSONS LIVING OR WORKING IN DESIGNATED HEALTH
CARE OR RESIDENTIAL CARE FACILITIES
|HAWAII ADMINISTRATIVE RULES (HAR) CHAPTER 11 – OTHER TYPES OF FACILITY|
REFER TO TABLE 5 (ABOVE)
|11-89- DD Domiciliary Homes|
|11-90- Assisted Living Facilities|
|11-92- Therapeutic Living Programs|
|11-93.2- Hospitals Freestanding Birthing Facilities|
|11-94.1- Nursing Facilities|
|11-95- Free Standing Surgical Outpatient Facilities|
|11-96- Freestanding Adult Day Health Center|
|11-97- Home Health Agencies|
|11-98- Special Treatment Facility|
|11-99- Intermediate Care Facilities for the Mentally Retarded|
|11-100.1- Adult Residential Care Homes (ARCH)|
- For persons needing a single TST, the entire testing process takes a minimum of 2 calendar days. After your TST is administered, you must return to the same DOH TB testing location within 48-72 hours to have your TST read.
- For persons needing a two-step TST, the entire process takes a minimum of 9 calendar days and you will receive a total of two TST’s. If your first TST is negative, a second TST is administered 1-3 weeks later.
- For persons who have their CXR performed at the Hawaii TB Control Program on Oahu, it will take a minimum of 2 working days for your TB clearance card to be available for pickup. For example:
– CXR on a Monday, TB clearance certificate available for pickup on Wednesday
– CXR on a Tuesday, TB clearance certificate available for pickup on Thursday
– CXR on a Wednesday, TB clearance certificate available for pickup on Friday
– CXR on a Thursday, TB clearance certificate available for pickup on Monday
– CXR on a Friday, TB clearance certificate available for pickup on Tuesday
- Neighbor Island CXR, please check your respective PHND Office will inform you when TB clearance certificate will be available.
- Please bring a form of picture identification to the DOH TB testing location
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- To save time, fill out the TB-1-Registration-Form-Rev.-2_21_18 TB Registration Form and bring it with you
This page last updated: March 21, 2018