State TB Requirements
SUMMARY OF STATE TB CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
In accordance with Chapter 164.2 of Title 11, Hawaii Administrative Rules (HAR) for Tuberculosis 11-164.2-2 this is requirement for the categories of people listed on the tables for TB Clearance.
Here are the State of Hawaii Department of Health TB testing locations TST-Clinic-Schedule-02.21.19 v1.1 (click to view the list of locations).
TST= Tuberculin skin test CXR = chest X-ray
SUMMARY OF HAWAII ADMINISTRATIVE RULES 11-164.2
Table 1 STUDENTS: K-12, PRESCHOOL (DOE-AFFLIATED) POST-SECONDARY
Table 2 FOODHANDLER, SCHOOL PERSONNEL: K-12, POST-SECONDARY
Table 3 CHILD CARE FACILITY ATTENDANCE, CHILD CARE FACILITY PERSONNEL
Table 4 FOSTER FAMILY HOME FOR CHILDREN, SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS
Table 5 INITIAL AND ANNUAL EVALUATION FOR PERSONS LIVING OR WORKING IN DESIGNATED HEALTH
CARE OR RESIDENTIAL CARE FACILITIES
|HAWAII ADMINISTRATIVE RULES (HAR) CHAPTER 11 – OTHER TYPES OF FACILITY|
REFER TO TABLE 5 (ABOVE)
|11-89- DD Domiciliary Homes|
|11-90- Assisted Living Facilities|
|11-92- Therapeutic Living Programs|
|11-93.2- Hospitals Freestanding Birthing Facilities|
|11-94.1- Nursing Facilities|
|11-95- Free Standing Surgical Outpatient Facilities|
|11-96- Freestanding Adult Day Health Center|
|11-97- Home Health Agencies|
|11-98- Special Treatment Facility|
|11-99- Intermediate Care Facilities for the Mentally Retarded|
|11-100.1- Adult Residential Care Homes (ARCH)|
- For persons needing a single TST, the entire testing process takes a minimum of 2 calendar days. After your TST is administered, you must return to the same DOH TB testing location within 48-72 hours to have your TST read.
- For persons needing a two-step TST, the entire process takes a minimum of 9 calendar days and you will receive a total of two TST’s. If your first TST is negative, a second TST is administered 1-3 weeks later.
- For persons who have their CXR performed at the Hawaii TB Control Program on Oahu, it will take a minimum of 2 working days for your TB clearance card to be available for pickup. For example:
– CXR on a Monday, TB clearance certificate available for pickup on Wednesday
– CXR on a Tuesday, TB clearance certificate available for pickup on Thursday
– CXR on a Wednesday, TB clearance certificate available for pickup on Friday
– CXR on a Thursday, TB clearance certificate available for pickup on Monday
– CXR on a Friday, TB clearance certificate available for pickup on Tuesday
- Neighbor Island CXR, please check your respective PHND Office will inform you when TB clearance certificate will be available.
- Please bring a form of picture identification to the DOH TB testing location
- Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- To save time, fill out the TB-1-Registration-Form-Rev.-2_21_18 TB Registration Form and bring it with you
This page last updated: March 21, 2018