Hawaii DOH Underground Storage Tank (UST) section
New – State Task Force for U.S. Navy Red Hill Bulk Fuel Storage Facility
1st Red Hill Task Force meeting on September 3, 2014 Agenda
- 1st Task Force mtg notes
- List of attendees 1st Task Force mtg
- DOH powerpoint 1st Task Force mtg
- 2008 Red Hill Groundwater Protection Plan: 2008GWprot.pdf
- 2010 Re-evaluation of the Tier III Risk Assessment: 2010RedHillTierIII
2nd Red Hill Task Force meeting on October 7, 2014 Agenda
- 2nd Task Force mtg notes
- List of attendees 2nd Task Force mtg
- Questions for Navy from 1st Task Force mtg
- DOH draft report to the State Legislature
- EPA proposed changes in UST regulations
- DOH graphic of reported releases for Red Hill 1944 to 1983
- Topics for discussion drafted and submitted by Honolulu Board of Water Supply
3rd Red Hill Task Force meeting on November 6, 2014 Agenda
- Honolulu Board of Water Supply draft Task Force report to the State Legislature Oct 9, 2014
- DOH revised draft report to the State Legislature Nov 5, 2014
- 3Q 2014 Groundwater Monitoring – Inside Tunnel Wells
- 3Q 2014 Groundwater Monitoring – Outside Tunnel Wells
- cumulative groundwater monitoring results 2005 to July 2014 – inside tunnel wells
- cumulative groundwater monitoring results 2009 to July 2014 – outside tunnel wells
- Sep 2014 soil vapor monitoring report
- List of field constructed USTs in Hawaii
Technical meeting to revise the Task Force draft report to the State Legislature Nov 17, 2014
- Attendance List Nov 17, 2014
- Meeting Notes for Nov 17, 2014
- Navy draft report to the State Legislature Nov 14, 2014
- Honolulu Board of Water Supply response to DOH draft report to State Legislature rcvd Nov 17, 2014
- DOH revised draft report to Legislature with BWS and Navy comments Nov 19, 2014
- New – Agenda for 2nd Technical Meeting of Task Force members to discuss draft report to State Legislature on Nov 26, 2014
May 8, 2013 Public Hearing on UST rules
Operator Training Program
- List of Approved Training Providers – Owners and operators have 120 days to designate Operator A and B and C.
- Initial UST Operator Designation form – REMINDER! Owners and operators must designate a Class A, Class B, and Class C operator by December 9, 2013. These operators must be trained and certified from a training and certification program approved by DOH. You need to submit the following information by December 9, 2013: 1) A notice to DOH identifying the Class A, Class B, and Class C operators. The notification must include the name of each operator, the date training was completed and the name and address of each facility for which the operator has been designated. The “Initial UST Operator Designation Form” was developed to fulfill this requirement. 2) Verification from a training and certification program approved by the DOH that the Class A, B, and C operator has successfully completed the training and is certified in the operator’s class (e.g. a copy of the certificate).
- Operator Training Guidance
UST Data Files on regulated USTs and release sites in Hawaii.
UST Technical Documents
- Use of DOH HEER EALs and guidance at confirmed UST release sites
- HEER Office Environmental Action Levels (EALs) and Guidance: Screening for Environmental Concerns at Sites with Contaminated Soil and Groundwater by Dr. Roger Brewer
- EPA Hawaii Land Revitalization page (Brownfields)
- DOH UST Technical Guidance Manual 2000, 2nd Edition has been replaced by DOH HEER Office EALs and guidance. See also DOH HEER TGM and word search Petroleum for additional guidance. Contact DOH UST with technical guidance questions at (808) 586-4226.
Forms, Rules, Policies and Procedures
Request for Public Record form – Request to view facility files and documents of regulated USTs in Hawaii including release sites.
Notification for Underground Storage Tanks Form – Complete this form to notify DOH of changes to the UST or UST system.
Application for an Underground Storage Tank Permit – Form No. II dated 6/12 (rev 11-13) – Required by DOH for installation and/or operation; modification of UST system.
Certification of Underground Storage Tank Installation – (Form No. III dated 6/12 (rev 11-13) ) – This form must be submitted to DOH within 30 days after the installation of an UST or tank system.
Application for Renewal of an Underground Storage Tank Permit – (Form No. IV dated 6/12 (rev 11-13) ) – The renewal application shall be received by DOH at least 180 days prior to the expiration of the existing permit.
Application for Transfer of an Underground Storage Tank Permit – (Form No. V dated 6/12 (rev 11-13) ) – Application for the transfer of tank owner or operator shall be received by DOH at least 30 days prior to the date of the transfer.
UST Intent to Close form – Required at least 30 days before closing or removing an Underground Storage Tank.
Confirmed Release Notification form – Required by DOH within 7 days of reporting a confirmed UST release.
Determination of Groundwater Utility at Leaking Underground Storage Tank Sites – Policy on determining groundwater utility (i.e., drinking water resource vs. non drinking water resource) at a given location. (September 19, 1995)