Solid and Hazardous Waste Branch
Underground Storage Tank Section
May 8, 2013 Public Hearing on UST rules
Operator Training Program
- List of Approved Training Providers – Owners and operators have 120 days to designate Operator A and B and C.
- Initial UST Operator Designation form - Hawaii UST Regulation HAR 11-281-46 requires that UST owners and operators submit written notice identifying the Class A and Class B operator for each UST or tank system, in use or temporarily out of use, within 120 days of promulgation of the rules. At least one Class A and B operator must be trained and certified by DECEMBER 9, 2013. This form may be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Operator Training Guidance
UST Data Files on regulated USTs and release sites in Hawaii.
UST Technical Documents
- Use of DOH HEER EALs and guidance at confirmed UST release sites
- HEER Office Environmental Action Levels (EALs) and Guidance: Screening for Environmental Concerns at Sites with Contaminated Soil and Groundwater by Dr. Roger Brewer
- EPA Hawaii Land Revitalization page (Brownfields)
- Technical Guidance Manual, 2nd Ed. 2000 - Please note the DOH Tier 1 Action Levels in this document have been superceded by DOH HEER Office EALs and guidance. See also DOH HEER TGM and word search Petroleum for additional guidance.
Forms, Rules, Policies and Procedures
Request for Public Record form - Request to view facility files and documents of regulated USTs in Hawaii including release sites.
Notification for Underground Storage Tanks Form - Complete this form to notify DOH of changes to the UST or UST system.
Application for an Underground Storage Tank Permit - Form No. II dated 6/12 (rev 11-13) – Required by DOH for installation and/or operation; modification of UST system.
Certification of Underground Storage Tank Installation - (Form No. III dated 6/12 (rev 11-13) ) – This form must be submitted to DOH within 30 days after the installation of an UST or tank system.
Application for Renewal of an Underground Storage Tank Permit - (Form No. IV dated 6/12 (rev 11-13) ) – The renewal application shall be received by DOH at least 180 days prior to the expiration of the existing permit.
Application for Transfer of an Underground Storage Tank Permit - (Form No. V dated 6/12 (rev 11-13) ) – Application for the transfer of tank owner or operator shall be received by DOH at least 30 days prior to the date of the transfer.
UST Intent to Close form - Required at least 30 days before closing or removing an Underground Storage Tank.
Confirmed Release Notification form - Required by DOH within 7 days of reporting a confirmed UST release.
Determination of Groundwater Utility at Leaking Underground Storage Tank Sites - Policy on determining groundwater utility (i.e., drinking water resource vs. non drinking water resource) at a given location. (September 19, 1995)