Welcome to Developmental Disabilities Division
The Developmental Disabilities Division (DDD) is one part of the Hawaii State Department of Health (SDOH), State of Hawaii. The Mission of SDOH is to protect and improve health and the environment for all people in Hawai’i. DDD is a division under the Behavioral Health Services Administration.
DDD’s aims to foster partnerships and provide quality person-centered and family-focused services and supports that promote self-determination.
- Updated I/DD Waiver Standards and Appendices/Resources The Department of Health, Developmental Disabilities Division, is pleased to issue an update to the Medicaid Waiver Provider Standards for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (Medicaid I/DD Waiver). The updates include the revised Adverse Event Reporting process. In addition, there is a new requirement for checking the Excluded Individuals lists as part of staff qualification checks. Other updates clarify and/or correct standards based on feedback from providers, case managers, participants and other stakeholders. The updates to Standards Version A-2, Standards Version B-2 and Appendices & Resources are effective on March 1, 2018. (we will remove the current Standards A & B, Appendices & Resources on March 1st after the Version 2 documents take effect)
- Provider Training on New Adverse Event Reporting (AER) Policy & ProcedureIn November 2017, providers received training on the changes to the AER policies and procedures. Providers are encouraged to review the presentation slides and use them in training staff on how to complete the new forms. The updated AER Policy & Procedure, new form and instructions are located in the Appendices & Resources updated effective 3/1/2018.
- The Developmental Disabilities Division and Med-QUEST Division will be submitting Amendment #2 to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) at the end of February. This amendment will add individual supports budgets, make changes to align nursing services with federal requirements, and adjust some service definitions. The full list of changes is included in the Public Notice document. We value your input and encourage you to review the changes to the waiver amendment that are highlighted in yellow in the 1915(c) HCBS Waiver Amendment #2 . One paper copy of the waiver amendment will be available at each DDD Case Management Unit, as well as at the DDD office located at 1250 Punchbowl, Room 463, Honolulu and the Community Resources Branch office at 3627 Kilauea Ave., Room 411, Honolulu.
Public comments will be accepted from 12/16/17 through 2/2/18. Public comments must be submitted in writing through email, fax or regular U.S. mail.
To send comments by email: email@example.com
To send comments by fax: (808) 733-9841
To send comments by regular mail:
3627 Kilauea Avenue Room 411
Honolulu, HI 96816
- Waiver All Provider Training 9/22/17
- DDD Strategic Plan 2018-2020
- DDD Strategic Plan Progress Report Newsletter 2015-2017, September 2017
This document includes the rates approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and includes minor updates to rates for Consumer-Directed services.
Comprehensive listing of all agency services, rates, codes, and modifiers for the I/DD Waiver, effective with the phase-in implementation of the waiver amendment beginning July 1, 2017.
- Waiver Update All Provider Training 6-15-17
- Audio of All Provider Training 6-15-17 https://www.dropbox.com/s/kex1cz3by9js1zs/All%20Provider%20Training%209am%20session_audio_only.m4a?dl=0
- Waiver Provider Training Video, provided by Conduent 6-26-2017
This document is a quick reference that summarizes the main changes to the waiver that are in the CMS-Approved 1915(c) I/DD Waiver Amendment.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) approved Hawaii’s amendment to the 1915(c) I/DD Waiver. The amendment is approved effective June 1, 2017 and replaces the waiver approval document that was effective 7/1/16. The amendment adds two new services, Community Learning Services (CLS) and Additional Residential Supports. It also revises the rate methodology based on the completion of a rate study; adds budget authority to participant direction; increases limits for Environmental Accessibility Adaptations and Vehicular Modification due to increased market costs; and makes other programmatic changes.
Amendment to the 1915(c) I/DD Waiver for HCB Services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities: Public Comments and Responses Regarding Provider Rates.
The table shows the timing for the phase-in of each waiver service starting with Individualized Services Plans (ISP) held on and after July 1, 2017.
- Possibilities Now!
- Stakeholder Presentation January 13, 2016
- DDD Strategic Plan Progress Report, September 2016
- DDD Strategic Plan Progress Report, July 2015
- Strategic Plan 2015-2017
- Keynotes at 2015 PacRim by Mary Brogan
- DDD Adult Foster Homes Annual Inspection Report is Online;
Last updated: 2/12/2018