Welcome to Developmental Disabilities Division
The Developmental Disabilities Division (DDD) is one part of the Hawaii State Department of Health (SDOH), State of Hawaii. The Mission of SDOH is to protect and improve health and the environment for all people in Hawai`i. DDD is a division under the Behavioral Health Services Administration.
DDD’s aims to foster partnerships and provide quality person-centered and family-focused services and supports that promote self-determination.
- Standards B FINAL DRAFT 7-14-17 FINAL DRAFT TO POST
- Final Rate Models 6/13/17 from Burns & Associates
This document includes the proposed rates subject to approval by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Comprehensive listing of all agency services, rates, codes, and modifiers for the I/DD Waiver, effective with the phase-in implementation of the waiver amendment beginning July 1, 2017.
- Waiver Update All Provider Training 6-15-17
- Audio of All Provider Training 6-15-17 https://www.dropbox.com/s/kex1cz3by9js1zs/All%20Provider%20Training%209am%20session_audio_only.m4a?dl=0
- Waiver Provider Training Video, provided by Conduent 6-26-2017
This document is a quick reference that summarizes the main changes to the waiver that are in the CMS-Approved 1915(c) I/DD Waiver Amendment.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) approved Hawaii’s amendment to the 1915(c) I/DD Waiver. The amendment is approved effective June 1, 2017 and replaces the waiver approval document that was effective 7/1/16. The amendment adds two new services, Community Learning Services (CLS) and Additional Residential Supports. It also revises the rate methodology based on the completion of a rate study; adds budget authority to participant direction; increases limits for Environmental Accessibility Adaptations and Vehicular Modification due to increased market costs; and makes other programmatic changes.
The table shows the timing for the phase-in of each waiver service starting with Individualized Services Plans (ISP) held on and after July 1, 2017.
The Waiver Standards Manual version A and the accompanying Appendices are in final draft, pending approval by the Med-QUEST Division. These documents address the services and standards for the waiver renewal effective 7-1-2016. If you have questions or comments about these documents, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- Possibilities Now!
- Stakeholder Presentation January 13, 2016
- DDD Strategic Plan Progress Report, September 2016
- DDD Strategic Plan Progress Report, July 2015
- Strategic Plan 2015-2017
- Keynotes at 2015 PacRim by Mary Brogan
- DDD Adult Foster Homes Annual Inspection Report is Online;
Last updated: 6/27/2017