Welcome to Developmental Disabilities Division
The Developmental Disabilities Division (DDD) is one part of the Hawaii State Department of Health (SDOH), State of Hawaii. The Mission of SDOH is to protect and improve health and the environment for all people in Hawai`i. DDD is a division under the Behavioral Health Services Administration.
DDD’s aims to foster partnerships and provide quality person-centered and family-focused services and supports that promote self-determination.
- 1915(c) I/DD WAIVER AMENDMENT – PROPOSED RATE MODELS
As part of the I/DD Waiver Amendment, DOH-DDD is releasing proposed rate models for public comment. These models are based upon a detailed review of service requirements, meetings with a provider advisory group to discuss service delivery and costs, administration of a provider survey to collect data related to costs and other factors, provider site visits, and identification and analysis of other sources of information that influence the rates. The rate study was completed by Burns & Associates, Inc.
A number of resources are located on the Burns & Associates website http://www.burnshealthpolicy.com/HawaiiWaiverRates/
- A presentation that provides background on the project, outlines the methodology, and highlights the results.
- The proposed rate models – which detail the specific assumptions related to staff wages, benefits, and productivity; mileage; program space and materials; and overhead costs.
- A webinar recorded by B&A to explain the proposal.
- The analysis of the provider survey data.
- The Excel-based survey form and accompanying instructions
Comments related to the Proposed Rate Models may be submitted by following the Public Notice details for email, mail, and fax. All comments for the 1915(c) I/DD Waiver Amendment and Proposed Rate Models are due by February 3, 2017.
The Department of Human Services Med-QUEST Division (DHS-MQD) and Department of Health Developmental Disabilities Division (DOH-DDD) are preparing an amendment to the current 1915(c) Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (“The I/DD Waiver”). DHS-MQD has issued a public notice to elicit public input on the proposed amendment. The I/DD Waiver serves individuals with developmental disabilities or intellectual disabilities who meet institutional level of care, and are provided the choice to live in their own home or in the community with appropriate and quality supports designed to promote health, safety and independence. The amendment includes some new services and revisions to support Possibilities Now! and the implementation of the HCBS Community Integration Final Rule. We invite you to review the document and provide comments.
Public Notice details:
Public comments will be accepted for consideration from January 3, 2017 through February 3, 2017. Individuals may submit written comments using the following methods:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please identify in the subject line: Waiver Amendment)
Department of Health
Developmental Disabilities Division
Attention: Community Resources Branch
3627 Kilauea Avenue, Room 411
Honolulu, Hawaii 96816
By fax: 808-733-9841
If you have questions, please call the DDD-CRB office at 808-733-2135.
- Possibilities Now!
- Stakeholder Presentation January 13, 2016
- DDD Strategic Plan Progress Report, September 2016
- DDD Strategic Plan Progress Report, July 2015
- Strategic Plan 2015-2017
- Keynotes at 2015 PacRim by Mary Brogan
- DDD Adult Foster Homes Annual Inspection Report is Online;
Last updated: 1/12/2017