Technical Assistance to Communities/Health Care Systems to Improve Access to Primary Care for Underserved Populations
- Provide technical assistance to organizations and communities wishing to expand access to primary health care for medically underserved populations.
- Coordinate and facilitate requests for technical assistance.
- Assist communities and organizations with the assessment of needs to determine specific technical assistance required (e.g. billing, clinic expansion, cultural competency).
- Evaluate need for new primary care, dental, and/or mental health designations and create and submit new applications as needed.
- Provide direction to individuals regarding available resources for scholarship, loan repayment, or job search.
- Provide direction to sites regarding eligibility for certification or designation.