Free Matter Of Balance Coach TrainingPosted on Apr 1, 2019 in All IPCS News, Falls Prevention Event, preventing falls
Free Matter Of Balance Coach Training
Do you know, or work with someone who has fallen or who is afraid of falling? A Matter of Balance is a proven program designed to help people manage concerns about falls and increase physical activity.
Coaches help participants become more confident about managing falls, help to identify ways to reduce falls, and lead exercises to help increase strength and balance.
What do you need to be a coach?
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- enthusiasm, dependability and a willingness to lead small groups of older adults
- ability to lead low to moderate level exercise
As a coach, you will learn how to guide your participants to:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
SPRING/SUMMER 2019 TRAININGS*
- KAUAI – District Health Office Conference Rm April 26, 2019; 8:30a-4:30pm
- OAHU – University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa May 5, 2019; 8:30a-4:30p
- HILO – Hawaii Innovation Center May 15, 2019; 8:30a-4:30p
- MOLOKAI – OHA/DHHL Conference Rm June 28, 2019; 8:30a-4:30p
- MAUI – To be announced
*Funded by the Hawaiʻi State Department of Health
For more info, please contact: Phoebe Hwang at [email protected]
A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls Volunteer Lay Leader Model ©2006 This program is based on Fear of Falling: A Matter of Balance. Copyright ©1995 Trustees of Boston University. All rights reserved. Used and adapted by permission of Boston University.