2016 Storytelling Webinar Training Series: Telling Your Public Health StoryPosted on Mar 28, 2016 in All IPCS News, Core SVIPP Grant, Special Events, Voices of Injury Prevention
Please register and mark your calendars for the three-part storytelling webinar training: “Telling Your Public Health Story”. Space is limited to 150 attendees; see flyer attached for details and register soon! This 2016 storytelling webinar training scheduled for April 19, April 26, and May 3, 2016 is brought to the public health workforce through the sponsorship of the Hawai‘i State Department of Health, Emergency Medical Services Injury Prevention System Branch (EMSIPSB) in the partnership with the University of Hawaii, Office of Public Health Studies and the Hawaii Public Health Training Hui.
Jay Golden, Chief Storyteller and Story Coach from Wakingstar Storyworks will: 1) explore the aspects of a focused process of writing a public health story, 2) review the seven aspects of the storytelling journey curve to ensure development of impactful story, and 3) refine your public health story to meet the establish checklist of criteria for a well-connected story.
It is the intent to attend all three webinars to create a polished and impactful public health story. There is a storytelling handbook, worksheet, and checklist that will be emailed to attendees of this webinar series. These webinars will be recorded and available after the training series is completed. There will be no continuing education credits affiliated with these webinars.
Registration: Three-Part Storytelling Webinar Training:
- April 19, 2016 at 11:00-12:30pm HST Webinar I: What is a Story and How Does It Work
- [button link=”https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/registrations/new?cid=or3m8slug696″ newwindow=”yes”] Register Webinar 1[/button]
- April 26, 2016 at 11:00-12:30pm HST Webinar 2: Working on Your Story
- [button link=”https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/registrations/new?cid=qs6ziiqt3o3e” newwindow=”yes”] Register Webinar 2[/button]
- May 3, 2016 at 11:00-12:30pm HST Webinar 3: Enriching and Posting Your Story
- [button link=”https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/registrations/new?cid=i2ktr1xqa62f” newwindow=”yes”] Register Webinar 3[/button]
- Date: April 19, 2016, April 26, 2016 and May 3, 2016-Three Tuesdays
- Time: 11:00-12:30pm
- Location: Webinar only—Ready Talk online.
- Cost: Free of charge
- Registration: Registration is required to obtain Ready Talk email with your own unique webinar session link
- Webinar Contact: Camille Cristobal at [email protected] or phone: 627-5246.
- CEUs: NO CEs are sought.
- Power Point: Everyone who registers will get an email copy of the handbook, worksheet, and checklist.
- Recorded: Sessions are recorded and access instructions will be provided after the webinar series is completed.
Update (4/7/2016): visit the story bank: [button link=”https://health.hawaii.gov/injuryprevention/story-bank/” newwindow=”yes”] Voices of Injury Prevention[/button]
Nicholas Lee Hines, MPH
Core VIPP Grant Coordinator
Hawaii State Disclaimer
The contents of these stories are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Hawaii State Department of Health.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Disclaimer
This publication was supported, in part, by the Cooperative Agreement 11 – 1101, funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention or the Department of Health and Human Service.