HAWAII STATE HEALTH INSURANCE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (Hawaii SHIP)
Hawaii SHIP (www.hawaiiship.org) provides one-to-one assistance to members with Medicare, their families, caregivers, and agencies throughout Hawaii. Trained certified volunteer counselors provide consultations and presentations at no charge to the public.
To schedule a presentation for your group or for a list of upcoming events in your area, please contact us at: www.hawaiiship.org.
Hawaii SHIP Services
Hawaii SHIP volunteer counselors will answer the following:
- What Medicare will pay for and the amount Medicare will pay for those services
- What Medigap insurance and Medicare Advantage insurance options are
- What prescription drug coverage and other options are available to you
- What Medicare covers when traveling
- What resources are available to help pay Medicare costs
Trained certified volunteers may also provide information on preventive benefits available to older adults.
To reach a certified Hawaii SHIP counselor near you, please call 586-7299 or toll-free at 1-888-875-9229 or 1-866-810-4379 (TTY).
Hawaii SHIP depends on volunteers like you to carry out its mission to provide Medicare information and assistance to our communities statewide.
If you are interested in becoming a Hawaii SHIP volunteer, please contact us at: www.hawaiiship.org.