Marriage / Civil Union License

  1. Apply online for a marriage license at :

    Or for a civil union license at :
    You will need to provide the locator ID # on your receipt when you meet with your license agent.
  2. To receive a marriage application form by mail, call Mary, Tiffany or Carla “Jada” (see below for telephone nos) and leave your name, mailing address and brief message.
  3. Make an appointment to meet with a license agent in person.  Your agent will let you know what you are required to bring to your appointment.
    Hilo: Mary (808) 974-6008
    Rose (808) 640-6179
    Joyce (808) 974-6262 (Governor’s Liaison’s Office)
    Will (808) 961-8504
    Waimea: Tiffany (808) 887-8114
    Kailua-Kona: Andrea  (808) 990-1929
    Captain Cook: Susan and Abigail (808) 323-4542 (Governor’s Liaison’s Office)
    Kealakekua: Carla  “Jada” (808) 322-4880
  4. The license if approved will be issued by the license agent at your appointment.
  5. Your marriage or civil license will be void 30 days from date issued. You are advised to arrange your ceremony with a licensed performer before your marriage or civil union license expires.
    Go to the marriage website for a complete list of license agents on the island of Hawaii.