The following press releases are arranged by date with the latest first. For more information about specific press releases call 586-4442.
- Annual Stop Flu at School vaccination clinics begin statewide Oct 18, 2019 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i State Department of Health’s (DOH) annual Stop Flu at School program began this week and will continue in 185 public schools statewide through Nov. 27, 2019. The voluntary program administers free flu shots to students in kindergarten through eighth grade who are enrolled at participating schools. Approximately 31,500 students are expected… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health issues $2,000 fine to Shaka Shaka Tea Express for removing yellow placard Oct 15, 2019 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) Sanitation Branch has issued a Notice of Violation and Order against Maggie Feng, dba Shaka Shaka Tea Express, located at 2600 S. King St. in Honolulu, with a penalty fine of $2,000 for unlawfully and intentionally removing a yellow “Conditional Pass” placard from their facility. The facility… Continue Reading
- Hawai‘i Department of Health and Environmental Protection Agency to hold public meeting on U.S. Navy’s proposed tank upgrade alternatives for Red Hill Bulk Fuel Tank Storage Facility in November Oct 11, 2019 - HONOLULU — The U.S. Navy and the Defense Logistics Agency have announced they have completed their proposed plans to implement the best available, practicable technology to ensure the Red Hill Bulk Fuel Tank Storage Facility is operated and maintained in an environmentally protective manner.The Navy’s tank upgrade alternatives and release detection document is available online… Continue Reading
- Disability and Communication Access Board appoints Kirby Shaw as executive director Oct 9, 2019 - HONOLULU – The Disability and Communication Access Board (DCAB) is pleased to announce the selection of Kirby Shaw as its executive director. Shaw begins his appointment on Nov. 1, 2019 and succeeds Francine Wai, who is retiring after serving 41 years with DCAB and its predecessor agencies. The executive director implements programs and policy decisions,… Continue Reading
- Seventh case of rat lungworm disease in 2019 confirmed in visitor to Hawai‘i Island Oct 8, 2019 - HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Department of Health (DOH) has received notification from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of a laboratory-confirmed case of angiostrongyliasis, or rat lungworm disease, in an adult visitor to Hawai‘i Island. With the additional case confirmed by CDC, this brings the statewide total to seven cases of individuals confirmed… Continue Reading
Press releases are issued by the Department of Health through its Communications Office. Releases are sent to all major media throughout the state unless the information is specific to a particular issue or island.
Looking for a PDF? You may download a PDF at the bottom of each news release.
You may need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed before you access the PDFs. Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here: