Compliance Assistance Office Small Business Assistance Home Page
Helping small businesses overcome hurdles in environmental regulations.
The Compliance Assistance Office (CAO) was established within the Department of Health (DOH) in 1998 to help small businesses overcome the hurdles they face in their efforts to succeed in business while following environmental regulations. Our free and confidential services help support our mission to:
- promote communication between the DOH and small businesses, and help distribute materials explaining regulations to small businesses;
- intercede in disputes between small businesses and DOH;
- promote the inclusion of small business perspectives in rule-making; and
- work with DOH staff to increase their understanding of small businesses.
The CAO is staffed by an Environmental Ombudsman and a secretary. With such a small staff, we rely heavily on a team of staff from the various regulatory offices who have expertise in the full range of environmental topics.
Have you recently applied for or received an environmental permit?
- Fill in and submit your permit survey. The survey can also be accessed and submitted on the Environmental Health Administration’s e-Permitting Portal here.
- Need an applicability tool for R.I.C.E. or compliance information for boilers, Subparts IIII, JJJJ, and ZZZZ? Click here to go to the EPA-funded Combustion Portal for more information.
- Did you know you can apply and pay for certain environmental permits online? Click here to go to the e-Permitting Portal. The Compliance Assistance Office Branch has produced two videos to show users how to use the portal to apply for their 2012 NOI renewals. Part 1 2012 Renewal NOI Instructions (youtube.com) Part 2 2012 Renewal NOI Instructions (youtube.com)
- EPA Collision Repair Campaign Video is available for online viewing. (youtube.com)
- New EPA Updates
|Address:||Environmental Ombudsman Compliance Assistance Office Hawaii State Department of Health 919 Ala Moana Boulevard, Room 219
Honolulu, Hawaii 96814