Agency Resources and Publications
The monthly Administrator’s report provides the latest update on certificate-of-need applications, decisions, and SHPDA activities. For current and past Administrator Reports, please click here.
PUBLIC MEETING MINUTES
To view the public meeting minutes for all advisory councils please click here.
HAWAII REVISED STATUTES AND HAWAII ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
SHPDA’s purpose and responsibilities are statutory. The applicable statutes and rules are:
- Chapter 323D, Hawaii Revised Statutes
- Chapter 185 Hawaii Administrative Rules
- Chapter 186 Hawaii Administrative Rules
- Chapter 187 Hawaii Administrative Rules
- Chapter 188 Interim Hawaii Administrative Rules
STATE HEALTH SERVICES AND FACILITIES PLAN
The Health Services and Facilities Plan is a guiding document for both the Certificate of Need (CON) process and health care services planning in Hawaii. SHPDA serves as staff to the Statewide Health Coordinating Council in the preparation and revision of the plan. The plan addresses the health care needs of the State, including inpatient care, health care facilities, and special needs. The plan depicts the most economical and efficient system of care commensurate with adequate quality of care and includes standards for utilization of health care facilities and major medical equipment.
For a copy of the Health Services and Facilities Plan, please click here.
SHPDA’S HEALTH CARE UTILIZATION REPORTS
Each year, SHPDA collects health care utilization data from providers across the State and produces an annual Utilization Report. The report is used as a tool to assess health care services utilization, trends, needs, and costs by CON applicants, providers, health market analysts, economists, researchers, etc. For copies of current and past SHPDA’s Health Care Utilization Reports, please click here.
The Utilization Report includes data such as:
- Hawaii’s hospitals’ inpatient bed capacities
- Current number of nursing home facilities and beds
- Average length of stay, occupancy rates, and average daily census
- Total number of procedures for computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), radiation therapy, and cardiac catheterization.
For providers submitting utilization data, please click here.
OTHER SHPDA PUBLICATIONS
Forecasting Acute and Long-term Care Bed Days in Hawaii: Projections to 2025
Report to the Twenty-Ninth Legislature on the Progress of Establishing an All-Payer Claims Data Base for the State of Hawaii (December 2016)