Notification of Regulated Waste Activity (EPA Form 8700-12)

Beginning October 1, 2008, the Hawaii Department of Health (HDOH) will be processing all Notification of Regulated Waste Activity (EPA Form 8700-12) forms. Handlers of regulated waste are required to complete EPA Form 8700-12 for initial notification to obtain an EPA ID number, and subsequent notifications to update site identification information.

Please read these instructions: Tips for completing the notification updated 1/3/2020

There are two options for submitting a notification: 

1. On paper with original ink signature. Click here for EPAForm 8700-12, “Notification of Regulated Waste Activities”  THE FORM IS PP. 124-129 OF THIS PDF ONLY (6 pages). (FORM UPDATED AUGUST 2019.) Submit EPA Form 8700-12 to Hawaii Dept of Health at:

Attn: Noa Klein
Solid & Hazardous Waste Branch
2827 Waimano Home Road #100
Pearl City, HI 96782

2. Online. Requests for new EPA ID numbers and subsequent notifications can now be submitted online using myRCRAid (part of the RCRAInfo Industry Application). You will need to register for a user account for the RCRAInfo Industry Application.

  • You can go directly to the RCRAInfo Industry Application to sign up for a user account. You will need to be able to access your e-mail account to complete the registration process. Click on “register” and “continue to industry user registration.”
  • Or, there are online courses you can take explaining how to sign up for a user account and how to use the myRCRAid module. First, go to Learning Zen to register for an account. Complete the requested information and use the authorization code “rcrainfo”. Then, log in and click on “course catalog” and “all courses.”

Note: The submitter must be an employee of the regulated entity or the Hazardous Waste Section must have on file a memo specifically authorizing the signer. However, consultants/transporters/etc can prepare online forms for submission by another individual. (Both parties would need too register to use the Industry Application and request myRCRAid permissions for the site.)

For notification questions, contact:

Noa Klein
[email protected]
(808) 586-4238