Notification of Regulated Waste Activity (EPA Form 8700-12)
Handlers of regulated waste are required to complete EPA Form 8700-12 for initial notification to obtain an EPA ID number, and subsequent notifications to update site identification information.
Please read these instructions: Tips for completing the notification updated 6/21/2021
There are two options for submitting a notification:
1. Online. Requests for new EPA ID numbers and subsequent notifications can now be submitted online using myRCRAid (part of the RCRAInfo Industry Application). To request a new EPA ID number set up an account following #1 below, then click “request new site ID.”
For a subsequent notification for a site that already has an EPA ID number:
- Go to the RCRAInfo Industry Application to sign up for a user account. You will need to be able to access your work e-mail account to complete the registration process. Click on “register” and “continue to industry user registration.” Fill in your information and your company’s information. This is your personal user account. Please do not share accounts or passwords.
- On the “my sites” homepage click “select existing site” and search for your site by entering the EPA ID number only. If you think your site already has an EPA ID number but you cannot find it, please call Noa (info below)
- Click the checkbox to the left of the site name and click “request access,” then select “myRCRAid certifier” permission or “site manager” permission. Site manager permission will also allow you to view your manifests and grant permissions to other users.
- You will receive an e-mail when your permission is approved. The next time you sign in you will need to set up more security questions and complete the electronic signature agreement. (EPA has very high security for electronic signatures on this system.
- Click the site name to get to the summary page then click “myRCRAid” in blue next to the site details tab. Click “create new submission” and complete the form. Please read these instructions: Tips for completing the notification.
- When you get to the bottom of the form, click “review.” This will scroll you back to the top and you will have to scroll all the way back down to the bottom where the button will change to “submit.” Click submit and go through the electronic signature process. You will receive an e-mail when your submission is accepted. If you do not receive a response within one week, please contact Noa.
Note: The submitter must be an employee of the regulated entity or the Hazardous Waste Section must have on file a memo specifically authorizing the signer. However, consultants/transporters/etc can prepare online forms for submission by another individual. (Both parties would need too register to use the Industry Application and request myRCRAid permissions for the site. The consultant/transporter should request “myRCRid preparer” permissions.)
2. On paper with original ink signature. Click here for EPAForm 8700-12, “Notification of Regulated Waste Activities” THE FORM IS pp. 85-90 OF THIS PDF ONLY (6 pages), unless you need to fill out the addenda on pp. 91-93. (FORM UPDATED April 2021.)
Attn: Noa Klein
Solid & Hazardous Waste Branch
2827 Waimano Home Road #100
Pearl City, HI 96782
Where to get help
1. Learning Zen. Register for an account at Learning Zen. Log in and click on “course catalog” and “all courses.” The following courses are available:
- Industry User Registration
- Site Manager Roles and Responsibilities
- Industry myRCRAid Module (notification form)
- Introduction to e-Manifest
- Industry Biennial Report Module
2. Department of Health Hazardous Waste Program staff
For notification questions, contact: