Biennial Hazardous Waste Report
You must complete the 2019 Biennial Report by March 2, 2020 if your site was a Large Quantity Generator (LQG) for any month in 2019, or if your site is a permitted treatment, storage, or disposal facility (TSDF). The Hawaii Department of Health Hazardous Waste Program will be accepting electronic reports through the RCRAInfo Industry Application.
Steps to complete
1. Register for a user account. To register for an account, go to https://rcrainfo.epa.gov/rcrainfoprod, click “Register” and select “Industry User.” See “Where to get help” below.
- You will need to be able to access your e-mail account to complete the registration process.
- The app allows for different people to prepare and certify (sign) the report, but each user must register for a separate account.
- If you have credentials for EPA’s Central Data Exchange (CDX) or have already created an account for the RCRAInfo Industry Application, you can sign in and you do not need to create a separate user account.
2. Request permissions for your site(s). When you are signed in your home page should say My Sites at the top. Click on “select existing site” and search using your site ID (EPA ID number).
- If you have multiple sites with the same company name you can search using the common part of the name and request permissions for multiple sites at the same time.
- Select the site(s) by clicking the check box in the left column of the search results.
- Select the permissions you need: Biennial Report preparer, Biennial Report certifier, or Site Manager. Site Manager permission gives you permission to certify for myRCRAid (notification form), Biennial Report, and e-manifest, and also makes you responsible for granting permissions to other users for your site. See “Where to get help” below.
3. Learn how to complete the Biennial Report form and gather your site’s information.
- See “Instructions, forms, and codes” below.
- Attend a workshop provided by the Department of Health if this is your first time completing the report [to be scheduled January 2020]. If you are not sure whether your site is on the LQG/TSDF list or whether you are the listed contact person for your site, e-mail Noa ([email protected]) to make sure you receive workshop information.
4. Complete your report. Click on the site name on your My Sites list, click on “Biennial Report,” then click on “Create New Submission” and “continue to data entry.” You can begin entering GM and WR forms for your report now, but you will not be able to complete the SI (Site ID or notification) form or submit the report.
- Advanced users have the option to upload the GM and WR forms as flat files by selecting “upload a file.” See Flat file specifications for industry users.
5. Certify and submit your report. This step cannot be completed until 2020.
Instructions, forms, and codes
Special instructions Topics included in special instructions:
- Asbestos, PCBs, waste oils
- Groundwater contaminated by hazardous waste
- Lab packs
- RCRA-Radioactive mixed wastes
- Subpart K laboratory waste clean out – Note: Not applicable, since Hawaii has not adopted the Academic labs subpart K rule.
- Wastes received from very small quantity generators (VSQGs)
- Wastes received from foreign countries
- Wastes shipped to foreign countries
Notification form instructions (Site ID form, with no addenda) – Note: Form will be pre-filled for you with the site’s existing information.
Note: You will actually need to complete the forms ONLINE in the RCRAInfo Industry Application. The pages below are for your own use in preparing to complete your online report.
WR form (Waste Received) – You only need this form if you received waste from off-site.
Site ID form (no addenda) – Note: Form will be pre-filled for you with the site’s existing information.
Foreign site codes for exported waste – You only need this if you exported waste.
Where to get help
1. Learning Zen. First, go to Learning Zen to register for an account. Complete the requested information and use the authorization code “rcrainfo”. Then, log in and click on “course catalog” and “all courses.” The following courses are available:
- Industry User Registration
- Site Manager Roles and Responsibilities
- Industry Biennial Report Module
- Industry myRCRAid Module (notification form)
- Introduction to e-Manifest
2. Department of Health Hazardous Waste Program staff
[January 2020: If you missed the training sessions on how to submit the biennial report and need a copy of the powerpoint, please e-mail Cosme.
For biennial report questions, contact: