JYNNEOS Monkeypox Vaccine
To date, DOH has received approximately 4,400 doses of the JYNNEOS monkeypox vaccine. DOH received its allocation from the Strategic National Stockpile and will continue to receive allocations as supply becomes available.
The JYNNEOS monkeypox vaccine is available to Hawaii residents who meet one of the following criteria:
- Had close contact in the last 14 days with a person with known or suspected monkeypox infection
- Are gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender individuals who have multiple or casual sex partners (e.g., such as through dating apps)
Parental consent is required for vaccination of individuals under 18 years of age.
Workers in certain occupational groups are also eligible: Clinical laboratory personnel performing diagnostic testing for orthopoxviruses and research laboratory personnel who directly handle cultures or animals contaminated or infected with orthopoxviruses (see ACIP recommendations).
The JYNNEOS monkeypox vaccine is a two-dose vaccine. The second dose should be received 28 days or more after the first dose.
Members of the general public who are eligible for the JYNNEOS vaccine should call a clinic near them to schedule their vaccine.
Oahu residents can call:
- Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center at 808-427-0442
- Hawaiʻi Health & Harm Reduction Center at 808-521-2437
- Kaiser Permanente, Mapunapuna Medical Office – Members and non-members should call 808-432-2000, prompt #1 to schedule an appointment.
- Waikiki Health at 808-922-4787
- Project Vision Hawaii, which offers walk-up vaccination at pop-up clinics. No appointment needed. Upcoming clinics are listed at https://www.projectvisionhawaii.org/monkeypox or call Project Vision Hawaii at 808-201-3937.
Kauai residents can contact:
- Malama Pono Health Services (in Lihue) at 808-246-9577
- Kauai District Health Office at 808-241-3495
Maui residents can contact:
- Malama I Ke Ola Health Center (in Wailuku) at 808-871-7772
Hawaii Island residents can contact:
- Hamakua-Kohala Health Centers (in Honoka’a) at 808-930-2751
- Kumukahi Health + Wellness (in Hilo and Kona) at 808-982-8800
- Maika‘i Health (in Hilo) at 808-333-3420
- Hawai‘i Island Community Health Center (in Kona) at 808-326-5629