Industrial Storm Water Applicability

Determine whether your facility is a regulated entity

To determine whether you need to obtain National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit coverage you need to find your Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code.  Use of PDF “How do I find my SIC and NAICS codes” can help you to do that.  Once you have determined your SIC code, use PDF “Regulated SIC codes” to determine whether your code is a NPDES regulated code.  If it is, you will need to obtain either NPDES permit coverage or request a Conditional “No-Exposure” Exclusion (CNEE) from NPDES permit requirements.

Presentations to Assist You in Completing DOH e-Permitting Forms
We have two online presentations in PDF form.  One for obtaining National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit coverage and one for obtaining a Conditional “No-Exposure” Exclusion (CNEE).  A CNEE may be obtained instead of permit coverage if you can meet all of the “no-exposure” requirements.