Licensing of Civil Union Performers in the State of Hawaii

Licenses to perform civil unions are issued by the State of Hawaii Department of Health pursuant to section 572B-4, Hawaii Revised Statutes.  All civil union performers (officiants or solemnizers) must be licensed by the State of Hawaii before performing a civil union.  Performers must register online to obtain a license to perform civil unions.  Shortly after registering online, the performer will receive an email notification for application approval. This email will contain a link to the performer’s license and a username and password to the electronic registration system for civil union and marriage.  If any information on the application is missing or not subject to on-line verification, a delay will be necessary for manual verification of the applicant’s eligibility to perform a civil union.

To register to perform civil unions online, click “Performers” → “Registration”:

To view the application screen shots and instructions for the electronic performer registration system, click on the link below:

Application Instructions and Screen Shots

Webinar Presentation