Alcohol and Drug Abuse – Prevention
- What is Substance Abuse Prevention?
- Substance Abuse Prevention Works!
- Why Do People Use Alcohol/Drugs?
- Prevention Research Principles for Children and Adolescents
- What are the Basic Prevention Strategies?
- Getting Involved In Prevention
- Substance Abuse Prevention Programs in Hawaii
- Prevention Resources:
- Prevention Resource Center (http://www.hiprc808.org/)
- Coalition for a Drug free Hawaii (http://www.drugfreehawaii.org)
- SAMHSA Prevention of Substance Abuse and Mental Illness (http://www.samhsa.gov/prevention/)
- SAMHSA’s Collaborative for the Application of Prevention Technologies (CAPT) (https://www.samhsa.gov/capt/)
- National Prevention Network – Prevention Research conference (http://www.npnconference.org/)
31st Annual NPN Conference was in Boston, MA., August 28 to 30, 2018
Hawaii Department of Health
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division
601 Kamokila Blvd. Room 360
Kapolei, Hawai’i, 96707