- To assure that the Safe Drinking Water Branch has the statutory, fiscal and personnel resources to accomplish its mission.
- Identify and follow all applicable laws, regulations, policies, commitments of the Federal, State and County governments.
- Assure that there are sufficient resources to protect and maintain safe drinking water quality through the equitable division of labor, proper job assignments, and through the pursuit of needed funding.
- Establish and administer Safe Drinking Water Branch personnel policies and procedures in compliance with State Department of Personnel Services procedures, State employee contract, Budget and Finance, Executive Branch policies, federal EEO and Disability requirements, and Department of Health personnel procedures.
- Assure that there is sufficient office, sample preparation area, and storage space to accommodate all staff, equipment, and functions required of the Safe Drinking Water Branch.
- Assure that all personnel are aware of all laws that directly affect the fulfillment of safe drinking water requirements.
- Assure that all personnel are properly trained in appropriate areas of the safe drinking water, related regulations, and working conditions.
- Joanna L. Seto, P.E. Chief
- Doug Nguyen, IT Specialist
- Alan Dillon, General Professional (Contracts)
- Mary H. Cathcart, Secretary
- Amy Higa, Office Assistant
- Chantyll Westbrook, Office Assistant
- Claire Brown, Office Assistant
- Seila Aroni, Office Assistant
Phone: (808) 586-4258
Fax: (808) 586-4351
Safe Drinking Water Branch
Environmental Management Division
Hawaii State Department of Health
2385 Waimano Home Road suite 110
Pearl City, Hawaii 96782-1400
- East Hawaii
Safe Drinking Water Branch – Hilo
Hawaii District Health Office – Hilo
1582 Kamehameha Avenue
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
Phone: (808) 933-0401
Fax: (808) 933-0400
Last Update: 11 August 2017